Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Discuss" button on IE5.5/IE6

Options
  • 28-03-2001 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

This "Discuss" doo-hickey... press it, and it asks for a discussion server... not knowing what it's on about, I cancel it and don't bother with it.

Anyone used this "discussion" feature? I presume it's for discussing web pages themselves ... or is it?

What the chuff is goin' on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

stop the presumin' and start the knowin'! smile.gif
    i was wondering about this.

-ciaran
    This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    stop the presumin' and start the knowin'! smile.gif
    </font>

yeah!!!

And soz, Baz_ - I don't know Java.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ORK/2000/Five/70ct_10.htm

got stuff do do with having "office server extensions" enabled website ...or something™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Using threaded discussions for collaboration
    The Discussions feature allows you and other people to insert remarks into a Web page. The discussions are threaded; that is, replies to a discussion remark are nested directly under it. You can have multiple discussions in progress simultaneously. You start a discussion from within your browser. (You can also work directly from within Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.) By using the Discussions toolbar, anyone reviewing your Web page can view and reply to any discussion. You can then review discussions in your browser or in a Microsoft Office program and incorporate any changes to your Web page based on the feedback you receive.

</font>
    Seeing as you guys can't seem to use the Help program I copied this out for you all ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

disclaimer: I don't really know what I'm talking about.

I would say that it has to be a server setup by the "administrator" or whoever, setup locally, thats just going by what appears. But then again I could be completely wrong (highly probable).

If anyone knows do tell because I'm pretty curious myself.

p.s. Bard do you know anything about Java (not java script) and applets, if so please see my question on programming as it's wrecking me nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I assumed it was to connect into a newsgroup or something....

Never used it myself.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i presume its for a local icq/netmeeting type yokey...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

So it's effectively useless then?... Righto!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

But thanks anyway gambler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

HeHe, No probs,

Yeah Bard, it also requires that Microsoft Office Server extensions be installed on the Web Server too for it to work, May be usefull in an Intranet Situation but beyond that..

• Advertisement
Advertisement