Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

should foul throws be enforced?

• 16-03-2005 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i think its clear that at premiership games the foul throw rule is not enforced
    i believe this is becasue it is only a minor infringement and refs do not like to stop up play for something so minor
    however this is the highest level of soccer so why should the players not be forced to strictly obey the rules?

i say enforce it fully or change the rule

what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is one of my peeves about the highest level of football.

I am a ref and when I was actively involved in games I always enforced the rule.

It is drilled in to players from a young age (at least it was to me) that you have to have two feet on the ground, and throw it from behind your head. If a player cannot do this, he shouldn't be taking throw ins, simple as.

Also, players who do not take the throw from where the ball went out of play should be booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a rule of the game, therefore it should be enforced. Also, I reckon the first guy to go over and pick up the ball should have to take it. Too much time wasting throwing it from one guy to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    Also, I reckon the first guy to go over and pick up the ball should have to take it. Too much time wasting throwing it from one guy to another.
    Interesting. I like that suggestion.

Quick, someone get on to Sepp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Foul throws should be punishable by death.

Or at least serious derision. Come on! Professional footballers get paid to play, surely they should be able to throw the ball properly? See it so often watching the premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's a rule. It should be enforced. Simple as that. When players see they cannot take liberties they will stop.

Personally I'd give a free out against teams messing around with throw-ins not merely a throw to the offended team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gimmick wrote:
    Its a rule of the game, therefore it should be enforced. Also, I reckon the first guy to go over and pick up the ball should have to take it. Too much time wasting throwing it from one guy to another.

Inter vs porto last night timewasting for th highest order, Materazzi (centre back) wins a throw 5 feet from opp corner flag , leaves the ball runs back to centre circle and awaits the left back to run up and take it, took nearl 2 minutes.

Altho foul throws annoy me as i have commited a few PL style throws meself really pisses your team off when you do it consistently. They dont let me take throws anymore.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Yes they should be enforced , simple as that .

Advertisement