Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones Recommendation

Options
  • 16-03-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to post this, but there seems to be a good few threads on various mp3 players here. I just bought and received a new iRiver H120, and I'd like some recommendations for a decent set of headphones. The phones that come with it are just alright, but I'd prefer a pair of good ones. Nothing that'll break the bank mind you... anybody got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i have both the 71 fontopias and sennheisermx500.
    if u do alot of travel in noisy environments like planes, trains, buses etc go with the fully sealed fontopias, beware these are unlikely to last much more than a year as the wires are very thin, also u cant use them really while walking or jogging as it sounds like a stetiscope.

i would go with the sennheisers, they are almost as good as the fontopias and have a 2 year warranty and are built to last. they are only about 27 euro if u can get them here. argos in the uk do em for 16quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Go for Sennheisers, rarely go wrong with them, id recommend dont go for earbuds if you want good headphones go for somethin like these... http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/root/05180 attainable for around €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Thanks boyos. I'd kind of prefer in ear head phones, so I don't look like a DJ strolling around the streets, and so I can wear a hat. Seems a lot of people recommend the Sony Fontopia's. Reckon I'll go with them. Cheers.

Loon

just using the fontopias now, the bass is incredible, but they wont last. the rubbers on the end degrade, earwax plugs them up, and the wires snap. buy them in argos so u can return them when they break after a few months(see amazon reviews)
    the senn mx500 are also in ear, and look fine in purple, but they are no fontopia, then again u can use them everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

sennheiser is the way to go.Always the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

lomb wrote:
    i have both the 71 fontopias

where would you buy the 71's in dublin? I looked on argos site but they only show 21's
    ?
    thanks

Yep here in ireland they def do the 71s for 45 euro as they were bought recently. cat no 534/4493

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

http://stores.ebay.com/iDealSound_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm . a bit expensive but supposed to be the dogs b*llocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

do they make foldable headphones anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

ebay seems to be the cheapest place for headphones -it helps to have a paypal account. I got a pair of mx500 for my wife and a pair of sony mdr-ex71 for myself. The ex71s are abit uncomfortable despite the earpieces being very soft and the wire is a bit short. There is an extension wire supplied but it's too long! Anyway I got around the problem by cutting the extension wire and soldering it unto the mic thingy of my nokia 6230 headset (quite tricky).
    The mx500s sound nearly as got as the sonys. I read somewhere that the sonys take a few weeks to break in.
    At the end of the day I think you'd be better off with the mx500. They also have a very neat little volume control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

superfly wrote:
    do they make foldable headphones anymore?

Sennheiser PX100s and 200s are both foldable.
    Have the 100s, find them great.

Advertisement