Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmer Jack Dead !

Options
  • 16-03-2005 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Farmer Jack, who was supplemented for Friday’s totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup at a cost of £17,500 (€25,200), has died after suffering a suspected heart attack.

The Philip Hobbs-trained nine-year-old landed the Aon Chase and the Racing Post Chase on his last two starts and was a general 12-1 chance for the blue riband.

It happened about 8.30am – he was just having an ordinary canter and just dropped dead,” said Hobbs.

"We presume it was a heart attack, but at this stage we just don’t know.”

Farmer Jack had improved on his previous efforts when stepped up to three miles on his two runs last month and was only added to the Gold Cup field on Saturday.

The news is a further blow the Festival showpiece with Kingscliff and Rule Supreme taken ruled out yesterday, and Best Mate scratched last week.

http://breaking.tcm.ie/2005/03/16/story193927.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

well it makes sense.
    I backed Best Mate a good few weeks ago - lost my money (betfair antepost).
    I then backed Kingscliff (with PP so money will be refunded)
    And I then decided to back Farmer Jack !!!!!! (luckily also with PP so a refund is due).

I'll let you know what I decide to back next so you can lay it !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

We're all just a bunch of losers!!! I won 500 bucks today and Im still pissed off!!

Advertisement