Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Senior Cup Final

• 16-03-2005 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

What time is kick off?

How much is it in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

It's times like this I miss being in Ireland.

Come on the Rock! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm just hopin' some of the players have older (attractive) brothers.

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I said the winner of the St. Michael's v Rock match would win the SCT.
    I stick by that.

So does anyone actually know how much it is in tomorrow or what time kick off is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

4pm KO tomorrow...Come on Belvo!!! And don't worry Amz...at least one of the players has a hot older brother!! :D

• Advertisement

I see (Oooer) and how tall are yo ... I mean is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

think its 5 schuroz for students

I think we can manage a fiver ...

each, not between us........

dont know now, that might just break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

students with student card 5 euro
    others 15 euro.

wonder if they expect kids to have student cards. doubt it.

i really really want belevedere to win, they've been screwed over a few times recently. (3 finals and at least 3 semi's in last 11 years i think).
    rock have won it enough. i think it's time for the cup to come back across liffey.

also, belvo juniors in final on sunday!!!

15:30 kick off i beleive for sc.
    Double delight.

however, i reckon rock wiln will senior by 5 points.

• Advertisement

wheres sundays match on? cos our (amz n me) coach is belvo juniors coach. might be nice for us to pop along and show support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

oh i think i might wander along....usually pretty exciting tense games...

rugbug86 wrote:
    wheres sundays match on? cos our (amz n me) coach is belvo juniors coach. might be nice for us to pop along and show support!
    Aye ... I guess we could do that.

Poor Gav hehe!

Yeah it's scheduled for 3:30 on Setanta Sports.

Pre/Post match pints anyone?

Obviously for those over 18 only ...

so would your coach be Marc? Are you DCU ladies rugby club? i reckon the junior's will win.

no we're dcu womens rugby club, theres a difference.

gav is our coach

hmm gav. hmm. can't say that i know him. so you're not ladies? as fair as i know it's dit ladies (insert men's sport here) club.
    i stand corrected.

actually, i've just been informed that GF is ur coach. I actually can't beleive that.i'm quite shocked.

Yeah, 'tis Gavin Fox, he's the men's coach too. We had Podge Costello last year, but he's gone back to Clare.

Why so shocked?

If you knew some of the girls on the team you'd realise there's very little that's ladylike about them.

Women's Rugby is more accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Women playing rugby...oh lord...womens rugby is tragic. Hot women just don't play rugby!

Or do they?!

• Advertisement

Charmed, I'm sure ...

holy crap amz u mod a lot of stuff.

i didn't know gav was that into rugby and stuff. i know he played a bit here and there. is he good? does he know how to do backs stuff.

if i had the choice i'd call it DCU lassies Rugby club.
    no no, mesdames. no, your right.

however, is it DCU Womens Rugby Club? or Women's RC or Womens' RC.

holy crap amz u mod a lot of stuff.
    Only 3 forums.
    i didn't know gav was that into rugby and stuff. i know he played a bit here and there. is he good? does he know how to do backs stuff.
    He has all his badges and stuff so I'm assuming he's qualified. I prefer him to our coach last year to be honest, he has a better manner and isn't as up his own arse. I'm a winger and I find him good, however it can be difficult to tell really because sometimes we're lacking in numbers so running lines etc. can be difficult.
    however, is it DCU Womens Rugby Club? or Women's RC or Womens' RC.
    We're known as DCU Women's Rugby Club or the DCU Devils. We're only a relatively new club so aren't as established as the other universities. Myself and 2 or 3 others set it up two years ago and this is only our first year of competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

only 3? ah i see the power of the /.

Women's club, oh yeah, i understand now, :o .

it's so difficult to set up and maintain a new club in my college (TCD). fair play to ye. I'd say it's difficult to get a full team out and not 5 wingers and 2 flankers. i heard anthony foley's sister is a very good player herself.

Yeah, Rosie plays for UL. We're hoping not to get drawn against them in the Intervarsities next month, although now that I've said that I might as well prepare for the inevitable.

Running the club has proven quite difficult at times, we're competing for players with other more established clubs and they also have the advantage of having more players who would have been involved in the sport before coming to college. Most of our girls have never played rugby before. Yet already we have 3 girls playing Interpro. rugby with Leinster which is some achievment considering they'd only been playing for about 8 months.

Dave, I reckon Pres. will do quite well tomorrow, but since I'm up here, in Leinster, travelling to Musgrave park is a little difficult. Plus not knowing anyone playing for either team I don't feel any need to go.

Yeah, there's a lot of pressure on the young fellas. Will it be on TV at all?

, there's a lot of pressure on young fellas.

never a truer word spoken. i think this can be applied to so many aspects of society. however, that's a whole different thread.

i'd say there's been a fair few leaving certs gone down the drain due to rugby.

i think '78 was the last belvedere s cup win....

• Advertisement

go on the belvo, woo hoo!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Dreadful performance from Rock. Some of the errors out there aren't even worthy of being called schoolboy errors. The thing is that the core of the Rock team were in last years squad (which won.....for the 64th time!!!!!!!!!!! Woo!!!!!!!!!! Go Rock!!!!!) so it's not like they're inexperienced. Ahem.....former rock boy here. :D

Anyway the better team won on the day. Credit to Belvo where credit is due. I won't live this down from the Belvo lads in college for a while....especially as they knocked out our J's in the semi. :(

yeah, come on the belvo on sunday too! anyone know where/what time its at? (junior cup)

rugbug86 wrote:
    yeah, come on the belvo on sunday too! anyone know where/what time its at? (junior cup)

i think it's sunday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

sunday at donnybrook, 3pm kic off, or 3:30 i presume.

• Advertisement

Sound, thanks Chucky.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

i'm so happy, cos today we won the cup.

What a game!! *wipes tear from eye* About time we won it....Belvo for the double!! I have never been so proud...played rock off the pitch, late try flatterd them. Haha, best paddys day ever. Was some night back at the school ;), been a while since i showed my face, a few un-served detentions chasing me down, but great party all the same. Did anyone else go back? Looking forward to JC final now, who's up for pints in Kileys after the game? Got to go to bed now, me thinks i'll be calling in sick tomorrow. By the way, lmao at Gav fox training rugby!! he was in my year....thought you had to be able to play rugby to coach it? Maybe not, but he has always had problems meeting women, so i suppose fair play...rofl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

daveirl wrote:

/me misses the days of beating Pres, Rockwell and Christian brothers or whatever it was :D Every year....

;)

oh well soberly here is my highly unprofessional review of the game.

lovely day, sunny, bit windy, but ldr always is.
    belevedere had the better start, stayed the first portion of the match half way tru rock half. rock defense was holding well. belvo captain called kick into corner from ruck, b'rock didn't notice some how. delicate ship in and it's an easy catch and touch down for right wing.
    match resumes pretty much the same but the rock 11, highly idolised young russian, went on a winding steping run that tore tru the belvo defense, chipped tru and was only beaten to the ball by the belvo fb who got there just before him, even thou he had a 10 metre head start. lucky escape.

basically that's how the game played. belvo had the position and the territory. but rock were always challenging the lineout and were causing the a few turn overs in the loose. but when they got the ball out wide, the passes were all out of sync, and there was always a fumble, an interception forward pass somewhere and belvo would just retake possesion. the rock backs had loads of pace and skill but it just never got going for them. they were their own worse enemies. don't get me wrong, the tackles and the covers were there, but rock had the players and the width to put 11 and 13 in space without them being touched but someone would screw up.

so in all honesty, i don't think there can be a bitter b'rock supporter based on how they played on the day. maybe some ppl are saying they didnt play well but in rugby, you can only play as well as the oppostion lets you. one of the rock players said that belvo were better coached. maybe that's what just happened.

anyway, enough will the silly sentiment it was just a childrens game played with a lot of media exposure (setanta, newspapers) but it was a great, thrilling, exciting game (unlike plenty of finals in the past) and it was worthy of a few matchs on video. later.

• Advertisement

highly idolised young russian, went on a winding steping run that tore tru the belvo defense, chipped tru and was only beaten to the ball by the belvo fb who got there just before him, even thou he had a 10 metre head start.

V MAN!!!!

lol are you in his class/school?

haha no...most my mates went to rock and when i went to a match there a few years ago...he was playing and whenever he had the balll...everyone got a giant erection. Class player.

His nickname's Moscow Flyer ;) Class player...quite enough yesterday though, apart from 1 great break. Apparently just as impressive as the likes of Hickie at Schools level...shame he wouldn't be eligable for Ireland if he keeps developing into a class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

to the tune of monto: "take him back to moscow moscow moscow take him back to moscow langaroo to you" ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I thought if someone lived in the country for a few years they could play for the national team or did they change the rules?

lol he's not that good. yet anyway. just remind yourself how many great players there's been in the schools and how many of them have gone pro. few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

great win by pres yesterday. Brilliant forward play by both side, very impressive rucking and mauling. Christians rarely challenged really at all and were lucky to go into the break at half time 0-3 up. Anyway pres turned the screwed and kicked two penos and to win 6-3. unluck not to get the a try but they just couldnt breach the christians defense!

On a side note do the munster/leinster winners ever play each other! That i would love to see.

DubGuy22 wrote:
    .shame he wouldn't be eligable for Ireland if he keeps developing into a class player.

yes he would....hes's def been resident in the country for three years at this stage hasn't he....also thought he represented irish schools...

• Advertisement
Advertisement