Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polo Probs

Options
  • 16-03-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Volkswagen Polo 1043CC 1996. Ok as you can probably tell there is feck all power in this thing anyway but lately im having some problems and im not too sure exactly how to describe them.

Anyway heres what happens. When engine is idle in traffic and seems fine I go to move away and the power just dies and the engine stalls. It starts no problem and I move on but it is worrying when it happens.

Another thing is that sometimes the accelerator seems to pull away from my foot and makes the car jerk forward. This could end up being dangerous if it starts happening more often.

I hope I have explained these things well enough for someone with engine savvy to pick up on what they are.

Last service was about 2000 miles ago and the starter motor was replaced.

Cheers ;)

Comments

Advertisement