Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Fireblade CBR900 RR Stolen

Options
  • 16-03-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

In an attempt to get my pride and joy back, I thought I would post here and ask for help.

On Monday 14th March, my Honda CBR900 RR Fireblade was stolen from The Rise area in Mount Merrion, Stillorgan. It was taken between 12:30pm - 1:15pm. The bike has a purple visor and has general colourings of Purple,Orange and Grey. It is a 96 MH reg and also has the word 'Fireblade' embroidered onto the seat.
    Here is a link to show you exactly the colouring of the bike, except where this has a clear visor, as mentioned, mine has a purple one.

http://www.mcpoolen.se/images/mc/97/honda/cbr900rr-fireblade/grablavit-sida-hub.gif

There is a reward for any information leading to the retrieval of this bike.
    Feel free to contact me at oblivion@oceanfree.net

thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

that is so s**t
    whoever did it deserves their ass kicked
    if you find them ill help!
    hope you get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Bad news. Feckers. Hanging is too good for 'em. Taken in broad daylight as well!
    Could also post this on MAG Ireland as other bikers tend to notice bikes, not cagers except for 'oh he's driving too fast', 'that exhaust is very loud' or 'sorry mate I didn't see you'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I hope you get it back and give whoever took it a good hiding. There are people breaking into cars over the last couple of weeks in the Waterford area also. Seems to be happening mostly on the industrial estate so anyone parking there beware !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aww man,sorry to hear that. Im living in blanch and theres always a fair few bikes zipping around here so I'll keep my eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

A freind of mine knows people who owns bike shops and apperantly theres people going round stealing these. Theres been a good few stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 OblivionNow

Thanks guys.
    It is crap alright, and to be honest, I really wouldnt be bothered with the people that took it, once i got it back.
    Logged it with MAg, thanks for that Ominous!
    Thanks again for the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

put ad in Buy and sell and offer small reward.

SHES BACK!

Garda got on to me over the weekend, found in Bray.
    Has some damage done to the tank, but otherwise shes grand.
    Apparently, was used on a 'job', and dumped.
    Clown left the helmet there, Garda dusted it for prionts and got hair samples from the helmet padding. A pretty big job it was used on too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

A happy ending, that's great you got it back.

Do you mind me asking what sort of security you had on it that the thieves had to get through before taking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Good news! Hope you gave Gardai a sample too - to 'eliminate' you from their enquiries loike ;)

Like Spockety, I was tempted to ask what security you had in place, but thought it inappropriate at the time. Presumably not locked in a garage? Ground anchor? BFO chain? Disc lock? Steering lock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Glad you got it back. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

A happy ending - great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I suspect an elaborate red-herring.. do you mind if I ask where you were at the time of this robbery ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

a_ominous wrote:
    Like Spockety, I was tempted to ask what security you had in place, but thought it inappropriate at the time. Presumably not locked in a garage? Ground anchor? BFO chain? Disc lock? Steering lock?

I always ask, need to know or find out what lengths these guys are going to to take our bikes. Anyway, my findings indicate that in nearly every single case of bike robbery, there is absolutely no security at all on the bike. It's usually the time the owner was too lazy or didn't bother 'that one time' to use the BFO chain around a lamp post or whatever.

I've learned other people's harsh lessons, I put a chain on my bike even if it's parked up outside a shop I'm only going to be in for 3 minutes getting a pint of milk or something. Actually, never mind other people's lessons.. this one time I left a bike outside my house with nothing on it but a U-lock through the front wheel. Never saw it again, and had TPO insurance.

The only case that springs to mind where a bike was robbed even though it had a chain on, was where the thieves actually took off the wheel where the chain was tied around, and left it behind, taking the rest of the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There seems to be a lot of this recently. Brother had his stolen, Gardai found it the next day, rear tyre almost bare. They tried to chisel off the petrol cap to fill it with petrol after it cut out on them (They clearly didn't know what an emergency fuel switch was). Another mate just around the corner from my brother had his robbed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

my friends bike was kept in the garda station for 1.5 year.

simply used as evidence in the trial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

My mates FZR250R was stolen in Limerick on Saturday night.
    White/Wine Fzr400 fairings, EXUP exhaust,
    Reg 93-G-6042.
    Hopes arent too high it'll be recovered, most likely broken for parts or joyridden around southhill and burned.

It just had a disk lock on it.
    I was in a house, outside of which my bike was parked.
    Garda didnt ask for a sample of anything from me. Spent an hour filling in paperwork with them and that was it, got the bike back the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Most disclocks are useless, especially the cast alloy type, might as well be made from cheese.

The only one I'd trust would be the Abus large padlock type, but (except for the 2 mins outside shop scenario) I'd always use a big fook off chain as well.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

2 Questions.

Is there any benifit in those disc locks with a built in alarm? ( Sub question - Why are they like cheese?)

and

When talking about a BFO chain, is it necessary to always lock it to something or is it annoying enough to create a big enough obstacle to stop someone getting it down the side passage? ( Sub question (a)- Any suggestions for a cheap ground anchor? Sub Question (b) - Anyone have any old locked "Kryptonite" locks they are willing to give away? My answer to a cheap anchor.

Cal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cal wrote:
    When talking about a BFO chain, is it necessary to always lock it to something or is it annoying enough to create a big enough obstacle to stop someone getting it down the side passage?
    Ideally, you want to prevent two things - a) Someone lifting your bike out, and b)someone breaking your chain/lock.

You'd be surprised what people can do when the adrenaline hits them. Unless you've got an 8 foot obstacle, or a bike that weighs > 300kg, chances are theyll manage to get it out. The only real way to prevent (a) is to lock it to something, or lock it in somewhere.
    You can prevent (b) by wrapping your lock so that it doesn't touch the ground, and/or give a potential thief anywhere to get leverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cal wrote:
    Is there any benifit in those disc locks with a built in alarm? ( Sub question - Why are they like cheese?)

The only benefit is that it stops you riding off with the lock on.
    You should regard any alarm as useless unless you personally are within earshot.

The cheese reference was to the cheap cast zinc alloy disk locks, they are literally child's play to break open.

When talking about a BFO chain, is it necessary to always lock it to something or is it annoying enough to create a big enough obstacle to stop someone getting it down the side passage?

Preferably locked to something unbreakable and immovable. But even failing that, it is a much bigger deterrent than a disc lock alone.

Cheap ground anchors - get a metal fabricator to weld up a yoke for you. Take a length of thick (2-3cm) solid steel, bend into a U shape about 25-30 cm long with a flat 5mm thick plate welded to the top of the U. Turn it upside down and concrete it in (you'll need a good deep hole and a lot of concrete) leaving just enough exposed at the top to get your chain through it.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement