Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need tips on good revision books

Options
  • 16-03-2005 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

I think ill start studying for the leaving now :D .Iv got a art history revision book but its time to get more.Ideally looking for:

Maths (o)
    English (o)
    Irish (o)
    Geography (h)
    French (o)
    Construction(h)

Can anybody recommend a good revision book for these subjects?
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

LSMS for OL Maths and Geography. The ones for OL English,Irish,French are no gud. There are none for construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Thanks maths is my worst so take a look at that.
    Anyone else who can recomend a good revision book?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Barrie wrote:
    Thanks maths is my worst so take a look at that.
    Anyone else who can recomend a good revision book?

"Less Stress More Sucess" are good..

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

You could possibly get the solutions to the exam papers published by the EEC for construction,also the new construction book architectural techonlogy is good,both have sufficient notes in order to do well in construction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

For geography the LSMS book is alright not the best.... the physical stuff is good in it.
    THe best in my opinion for geography is Focus Geography by mentor. its really good [especially for the european/reg development etc.] it gives sample answers which ya can learn off and alter to fit question you get.
    I havent found any good books for the other subjects u've mentioned but i'll b lookin here for other peoples opinions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I personally think the 'Rapid Revision' series is better than the 'Less Stress More Success' series - but they're harder to get your mitts on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Having been there, the best thing to do is cog notes off good classmates (unless you have your own), sit down with them, and the textbooks, and write out your own revision notes - aside from providing you with concise revision stuffs for before your LC, they'll also help get the stuff into your head while reading it over and writing it down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dr.Pain

Scraggs wrote:
    For geography the LSMS book is alright not the best.... the physical stuff is good in it.
    THe best in my opinion for geography is Focus Geography by mentor. its really good [especially for the european/reg development etc.] it gives sample answers which ya can learn off and alter to fit question you get.
    I havent found any good books for the other subjects u've mentioned but i'll b lookin here for other peoples opinions!!!

Yeah that is an excellent book I have it myself way better then the other big ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Anyone know if the LSMS for English HL is any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Caoimhe wrote:
    Anyone know if the LSMS for English HL is any good?

It's ok. Must admit I learned one of the essays on Hopkins straight out of it and threw it down in the LC. Got an A for that bit.

Personally though, I don't think revision books for English are what you need at this stage, at least for paper 2. Just get some essays together for poetry, comparitive and the main character in the single text. do steal an A grade essay for each of these and get familiar with them.

BTW, if you want my copy of LSMS English for last year I'll gladly sell it for a fiver or so. I live in Raheny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Cheers, but my mom bought it for me the other day. Thanks for the advice ;)

Advertisement