Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT4 - a serious prize for a serious game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

That is a bit weird, for a game that markets itself as a driving sim( I know not a real one) you would think it would want everyone to complete clean laps!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gaid1n

Yeah, you'd think that. Personally im a bit pissed off. You'd at least think they'd level the playing field a bit. There's nearly 10 seconds separating the top 16.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You just get back to your Ferrari 550 in GTR and get some practice in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Good luck to you any way, you should post up how you do after the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gaid1n

The final took place today at Nissan's HQ between the Long Mile Road and the Naas Road.
    I won me first race but spun towards the end of the second race and handed the other guy the race.

Had fun tho, BUT

the entire event was probably THE most badly run event in the history of this country. Considering there was a €55,000 euro up for grabs, you'd think they'd have it all organised, but NO.

They went to all the trouble of bringing racing pods with steering wheels from the UK for the event and were still replacing the WRX banners on the side of the pods 5 mins before the start. Not only that but i saw 2 ppl having great fun trying to fit on a sticker that was SO obviously meant for the other side.

This event was apparently run by Sony and still they couldnt even hook the pods up for LAN races. MUPPETS. It was 1 on 1 races using the 2 player split screen ffs. What a waste. When quizzed about it, the 2 people apparently incharge, one being Sony's PR lady, said "ah yeah, we could have done it but we didn't, so, do you want to race or not?"

BULL****

There's more:

The pods were together in 2's. Both tv's run off the one playstation, but the plonkers thought it might be a good idea to only run the visuals over to the second tv.

The result:

Player 2 had to listen to the other persons TV. I mean FFS, we're both driving the same car which is hard enough to distinguish your engine from the other guy, nevermind having to listen to the one beside you. When i pointed this out the tech guy said he had no more cables!!! And the ppl in charge didn't care. I made sure i got the one with the sound.

Not only that but when this was pointed out to them, they insisted that sound was comin from both TV's.

PUT YOUR EAR TO THE SPEAKER, FOOL!

At which point they said it was like that for everyone else so i'd have to make do!!!

My GT4 prize pack consisted of a lot of absolutely pointless Nissan 350Z gear stuff, just to rub in the fact that you didn't actually win the car. There's a big promo book which i assume you get if you buy the car. What the f**k do i want with that???

There was 2 PS2 games, Killzone and some other game that i gave away to a sound guy i was talkin to.

After the first races, they moved over to the 2 main pods which had its sound hooked up to the PA system which wasn't too bad.

The competitiors i talked to were all real sound lads. And i did have fun racing but for such a big event, it was real baddly run!!!

I'd like to hear what other poeple think bout that. Am i being to anal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Sorry u didnt win. Pity, nice car.
    That sounds like dodgy organising. B*stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

Aww hard luck Gaidin.. having bad organisation like that is no help. I'd be pretty pissed off at anything hindering my chances to win a 350Z! :)

Just practice for GT5 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Fair play for getting to the last 16 Gaidin, sounds like the event organisation was b0ll1x

• Registered Users Posts: 21 skinner75

Sounds like very IRISH organising more like!
    I mean, split screen? what a load of sh!te....

Loobz wrote:
    Sorry u didnt win. Pity, nice car.
    That sounds like dodgy organising. B*stards.

Advertisement