Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being a guest

Options
  • 16-03-2005 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

How are some people able to write threads as a guest!??!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

certain fora have allowed for users to post and remain anonymous. PI [personal issues] for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Certain forums allow users to post unregistered as a way to maintain anonymity i.e. personal issues, LGB Issues etc. If you want to post as a guest/unregistered simply log out and post in the relevant forum as normal. Not all forums allow anonymous posting.

Athletics also allows guest posting, I'm unaware of any others.

cen fath athletics? curious is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'd imagine it's to encourage athletes etc. to post on the forum, a lot of people who might be interested in posting there may not be bothered registering an account if they're only posting on the one forum or if they're not planning on posting with any regularity. A lot of the people posting on the forum post to inform others about events/races/results. They might be discouraged to do so if they've to take the time to sign up etc.

I could be wrong though.

makes sense.
    ty.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I think something like that would work for the Frisbee forum...

As I recall, the DCU UF forums didn't require registration, might have been enough to make people just give up.

Advertisement