Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pair of Headphones for around €100

Options
  • 16-03-2005 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hey
    Im considering spending a bit of cash on a decent pair of headphoes. They would be used for music, either from the Hi-Fi Hi or Mp3's on the media PC. I wont be travelling at all with them, so I would like a set of full size headphones
    What headphones would you reccomend for around 100 euro?
    Would I even hear the difference between my current 20 quid set and a 100 euro set if I'm Listening to MP3's (the soundcard is decent enough)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Yes on well encoded MP3s youll hear the difference no doubt, more so between .wav and .mp3.
    Go for sennheiser personally I use these http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/products.jsp?id=04974 .
    Theyre great for noise cancellation and sound quality is excellent, its a little bit out of your budget but shop around, I got mine for €110 off www.Apple.ie with educational discount.

(On a side note how many headphone threads have there been recently??)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Been using the SpeedLink Medusa SL-8790 5.1 Surround Headset top of the page here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_SpeedLink.html
    I like them come with a mic to if your a gamer, sound in my opinion is pretty good (not an expert) only bad point (which will prob trow you of them) is the are very sensitive to mobile phone signals (or just my phone).

jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

cheers, any more recomendations would be greatly appreciated, I noticed a fair number of headphone threads allright, but most seemed to be looking for in-ear/compact headphones for people looking to spend 30-50 euro on a set of phones for portable players. Another thing I noticed was that a lot of the headphones seemed to be aimed at DJ's in high noise enviroments. Is there any increase in quality in the open backed headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Yes the ones I listed are mostly closed.
    There isnt much of a difference between high end closed and open headphones, see its harder to find a good pair of closed headphones, the HD 280s I listed are very good closed headphones.
    In general open headphones are the best at the top end but your talking €200+, I just like the insulation closed give you, when im listening to music I dont want to hear ANYTHING else so I use HD 280s.

Advertisement