Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Gates

• 16-03-2005 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Bill Gates died in a car accident. He found himself in Purgatory being sized up by God...

"Well, Bill, I'm really confused on this call. I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you enormously helped society by putting a computer in almost every home in the world and yet you created that ghastly Windows 95. I'm going to do something I've never done before. In your case, I'm going to let you decide where you want to go!"

Bill replied, "Well, thanks, God. What's the difference between the two?"

God said, "I'm willing to let you visit both places briefly if it will help you make a decision." "Fine, but where should I go first?" God said, "I'm going to leave that up to you." Bill said, "OK, then, let's try Hell first." So Bill went to Hell.

It was a beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There were thousands of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect. Bill was very pleased. "This is great!" he told God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," said God and off they went.

Heaven was a high place in the clouds, with angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It was nice but not as enticing as Hell. Bill thought for a quick minute and rendered his decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell" he told God. "Fine," retorted God, "as you desire." So Bill Gates went to Hell.

Two weeks later, God decided to check up on the late billionaire to see how he was doing in Hell. When God arrived in Hell, he found Bill shackled to a wall, screaming amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He was being burned and tortured by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asked.

Bill responded - his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, this is not what I expected. I can't believe this happened. What happened to that other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the water?"

God says, "That was the screen saver".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

I dont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Not bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I dont get it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The version (which made sense) finished with "That was the beta", and was an ever so humerous reference (6 years ago) to the discrepencies between the nice looking beta versions and the often not so nice final versions of Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow lol i was expecting something stupid but that was a great joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Worth a laugh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I must have missed something too, cos I can't see the funny side to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Cracking joke :D how do people not get it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Because they are retards who have no social capabilities so they talk to their clones over the internet all day. (not excusing myself there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i quite like win95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

haha! excellent joke. i dont understand how anyone couldnt get it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

alright joke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

I understand it, but the funny bit eludes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

how the fúck cudnt you get that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I reckon the people who "don't get it" actually do get it, and just don't find it funny.

Advertisement