Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying issue. Firefox 1.0.1

Options
  • 16-03-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

I have posted this before, posting again incase someone else sees it now.

When I go to boards and check my subbed list is see all the forums with new posts. If, usinf the subbed list, I go to one of these forums when the page opens all post are marked as read, no threads in bold. When I check my subbed list it is like all forums have been marked read.

Also, if I close firefox down and open it again later it remembers the page I was on, cool. If I happen to be on the first page of a forum I can see threads with new posts in bold. If I check my subbed list I can see all the threads with new posts, however, if I go into one of the threads all my subbed forums get marked as read.

I have the the following extensions installed:
    • The boards collection (TY Hobbes)
    • Sessionsaver
    • Tabbrowser Preference
    • Spoof stick
    I can't be sure but I think the issue predates the installation of some if not all of these extensions.

Can someone please help. It might not sound like much of a problem but it is hugely irritating.

MrP
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I have seen this problem reported before. Hobbes says it can't be his extensions because they mark the cookie as being read only (but that assumes that that is obeyed). Can anybody recreate the problem who doesn't have those extensions installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

ecksor wrote:
    I have seen this problem reported before. Hobbes says it can't be his extensions because they mark the cookie as being read only (but that assumes that that is obeyed). Can anybody recreate the problem who doesn't have those extensions installed?
    I know for sure the issue predates the installation his extensions so I am pretty sure they are not to blame.

MrP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok. Do you just browse boards normally or do you use any specific features of the boards habitually that might be out of the ordinary?

I think just normally. I tend to stick to my subbed boards and normally navigate using the subbed dropdown menu. Beyond that I can't think of anything.

Is there anyone else having this problem at the moment?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

This has been happening to me a bit, althought it's not restricted to just when I use the "subbed dropdown". I just put it down to a cookie problem or something at my end.

I had been using Hobbes' PM add on, but it was happening before I got that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Also happens occasionally on Firefox for me, not using any of Hobbes' plugins, just bugmenot and webdeveloper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Same version of Firefox, no extensions, not getting similar symtoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no problem here.
    have you checked to see if you have 'Teh Gay v1.09c' installed?

no problem here.
    have you checked to see if you have 'Teh Gay v1.09c' installed?
    Hmmm, I had "ghey v 1.0b" I have uninstalled it but the problem is still there. Does anyone have any other ideas?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No problems here

v1.0.1

I dont use Subbed drop down if thats any use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

My extension doesn't edit the cookie in anyway. Just reads from it. Only the preferences inside the about:config are liable to change.

I recall someone mentioning this in my original plugin thread (new threads would be incorrect). So for that instance I added an option to disable auto-checking as they said it would stop boards from registering my connection to boards in the extension.

As far as I know when my extension does a check it is like connecting to boards, so it is boards that may be updating the cookie.

Try hitting disable and see what happens. You can still manually check messages.

Advertisement