Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCabe killers

Options
  • 16-03-2005 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

McCabe killers' judicial review adjourned
    16 March 2005 20:26

Legal proceedings aimed at securing the early release of two of the killers of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe were adjourned in the High Court this morning.

Pearse McAuley and Jeremiah Sheehy are serving 14 and 12-year sentences respectively for the manslaughter of Det Garda McCabe.

It looks as if these people are continuing to use the Irish courts system to shorten their sentences.

I think they are lucky that the murder of a gaurd was not a capital offence.

A

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Would you like if hanging, or the electric chair, or any other such method of a state murdering someone, were on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

For manslaughter??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

If they get out on appeal or something you can't really complain, as long as they're not released for purely political reasons I could just about live with it. And I think muredering a garda was still technically a capital offence when they were convicted, but they were only convicted of manslaughter. (wrongly so, IMO, it should have been murder.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

The judge noted at the time that the case had seen an unprecedented level of witness intimidation. The manslaughter charge as opposed to murder was applied due to the lack of witness evidence. Some of you might even remember one witness going to prison for contempt rather than giving evidence and compromising themselves. The intimidation was so influential to the case's outcome that special provisions covering witness intimidation were added to Part VI of the Criminal Justice Act of 1999 as an amendment a week after the accused copped out to the charge of manslaughter. Sorry Dub but claiming that the verdict of manslaughter diminishes these murderer's crime is contemptable given the facts behind the verdict. They are murderers who killed a Garda doing his duty protecting pension money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

well, we all voted the good friday agreement into law. can't change the law now because one case doesn't suit you. A lot of scummers/heroes from both sides have been released. what's the diffrence about killing a pig? If Jerry McCabe was a builder or a black, his killers would have been released long ago. if you disagree with me, build your own house you racist!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

They only got charged with manslaughter because of the intimidation of witnesses.More shinner scum,can none of you dumb ****ing barstool republicans not comprehend the "War" as such was against the british forces of occupation.The irish republic is a sovergin state with it's its own Army and police force,have any of you ****ing mouth pieces ever served your country.I **** on people like you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

More inspirational comment there, thank you madmorphy.

The fact remains that while the killers of Gerry McCabe may deserve a prison sentance, so do those who killed policemen up north. You can't claim that it's OK to release one "political" cop-killer, but not release the others. The anger people feel down south about the killing of a police officer sitting in a car while on duty, is exactly the same anger people have up north about the killing of an off-duty policeman outside his home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

madmorphy wrote:
    They only got charged with manslaughter because of the intimidation of witnesses.More shinner scum,can none of you dumb ****ing barstool republicans not comprehend the "War" as such was against the british forces of occupation.The irish republic is a sovergin state with it's its own Army and police force,have any of you ****ing mouth pieces ever served your country.I **** on people like you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Again another topic ruined by the boards.ie Taliban
    :rolleyes:

AmenToThat wrote :
    Again another topic ruined by the boards.ie Taliban

Do you recognise the Irish Republic as a free and Soverign State ? And if so what have you done to serve your country ?

madmorphy wrote:
    AmenToThat wrote :

Do you recognise the Irish Republic as a free and Soverign State ? And if so what have you done to serve your country ?

'shinner scum, none of you dumb****ing barstool republicans, have any of you ****ing mouth peices'

Why stop there though, why not call blacks '****' or blame streetcrime on the Romanians.

• Advertisement

It's easy to edit a few posts together and i'll make no secret of the fact that i despise barstool republicans,but you still haven't answered the question ???

madmorphy wrote:
    It's easy to edit a few posts together

It was all in the one post
    madmorphy wrote:
    and i'll make no secret of the fact that i despise barstool republicans,but you still haven't answered the question ???

I only bother giving civil answers to people I respect or at least respect their intellect even if I dont agree with their political views.
    So far I have no respect for you or your opinions so you will understand why I cant be bothered responding to your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

For manslaughter??

that has to be the worst decision given down by a irish court, they unloaded on cartrige and then put in another and did likewise, i think it is premediated to put in a new cartriage and unload that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Were the lads trying to steal pension money, thats pretty low.

AmenToThat
    It was all in the one post
    What about the comma's and full stops !
    I only bother giving civil answers to people I respect or at least respect their intellect even if I dont agree with their political views.So far I have no respect for you or your opinions so you will understand why I cant be bothered responding to your question.

Blah Blah Blah,usual shinner double speak !.It's quiet a simple question,once again for the third time.Do you recognise the Irish Republic and what have you done to serve your country ?????????????????????????????????????????
    Mary lou would be proud of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Do you recognise the Irish Republic
    Mad, whether your on a mad buzz with the sh1tetalk or not.
    The Republic of Ireland Act 1949 states that this state may be known as the Irish Republic, and thats it. Its a name only, this is not actually the Irish Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

foxybrowne wrote:
    Were the lads trying to steal pension money, thats pretty low.

indeed they were, and they were one of the first to start jumping up and down when the nursing home money fiasco came to light. calling the government "criminals" and accusing them of "robbing the elderly" when the boys now residing in castlerea were doing the same thing in adare.

aodh_rua wrote:
    Sorry Dub but claiming that the verdict of manslaughter diminishes these murderer's crime is contemptable given the facts behind the verdict. They are murderers who killed a Garda doing his duty protecting pension money.

I did no such thing. I stated the fact that the state got manslaughter convictions and for that, capital punishment is not applicable irrespective of the circumstances behind the trial.

spanner wrote:
    that has to be the worst decision given down by a irish court, they unloaded on cartrige and then put in another and did likewise, i think it is premediated to put in a new cartriage and unload that

I agree but it does not change the fact that that conviction (manslaughter) wold not apply for the capital punishment sentence.

madmorphy wrote:

It is an embarrassing sight watching a forum poster contribute whilest drunk

• Advertisement

Ok Spacedog banned for a week for his insults on page one

Madmurph0 if I see another contribution full of F words etc from you, you will also be banned.

Dub please dont rise to this by referring to people as Drunk, when you have no idea whether they are or not.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement