Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone played CM5?

• 16-03-2005 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has played CM5? I have not played it, but the reports Im hearing from people who have are not great at all. But IM biased, and so are most of my mates - just wondering what you guys thought?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Is it out yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Looks like it leaked a few days ago, I'd like to hear some reports on it too...

Although, apart from the name, there's no real reason to expect anything special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

as far as i can see Football Manager took the genre and nearly perfected it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Haven't tried it,

I'm a FM man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

heard nothing but bad reviews about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm nearly certain I read on the CM site a while back that there would be a demo released before the game is released. Sums it up really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea its on sale tomorrow with no demo or even a review anywhere - which is why I have been wondering what it was like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think SIGames are pretty safe in being the best soccer management game makers :)

The one thing i've seen in CM5 that I like is the chalkboard style tactics screen... that alone isnt worth buying an inferior game though :)

Also, I see the stats for players in CM5 are out of 100 now, not 20 as in FM... makes for more unique playersw i guess, but more complicated to weigh players against others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Stats in FM are out of 254, but only between 20 is shown cause it'd be juts stupid and too hard to work out up to 100 for me, I like the simplification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i loive for all the other champ games and love FM but this one is the worst ever its like lma or something like that , again the developers have forgotten about players historys and the layout is bad it just doesnt play like any of the other ones at all

DO NOT WASTE 40 EURO LIKE ME
    **********DO NOT BUY*****************

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Sarge. (in case you didnt know)
    It doesnt play like any of the other ones because it is developed by a different company. Shame SI Games couldnt have run a better advertising campaign to let people know that the real CM is now Football Manager 2005. I know plenty of people that were going to go out and buy CM5 just because they knew nothing of FM05 and were going by the name. I put an end to that though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Absolutely pathetic, like something you would expect to play on a gameboy ***DO NOT BUY***, and the no player histories really ruins it for us (former) cm geeks, didnt you jus love when you saw a new player in the cl, going onto cm and lookin around for everything about him

Advertisement