Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteos (Jap) review on IGN

Options
  • 16-03-2005 11:34pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mmmm sounds like alot of fun, somthing to rival tetris on thr GB? How long before we get a dual screen tetris :D

http://ds.ign.com/articles/596/596267p1.html
    You can really see the Super Smash Bros. influence in Meteos, as it shares the same game designer. There's a huge focus on replay value in this puzzle game in the form of a "commerce" system -- every tile that you fling out into space is actually being accumulated in a "bank" of sorts, and you can use these tiles to buy items such as power-ups for multiplayer mode, extra aliens and planets, or tunes for the music player. There's also an extensive statistics screen that keeps track of every little element you did in the game, but again, it's entirely in Japanese and worthless if you can't read the language.

Luckily, the game is officially on its way to the US, currently planned for a late April/early May release date from either Bandai or Nintendo itself. The game is well worth waiting for, especially if you totally dig Tetris style puzzle games. It's one of the most creative puzzlers to ship in recent years, and we can't wait to get our Meteos on in an English form in a few weeks time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

It dropped in the door today and I cant put it down. It's rather rather good.

But nobody want to hear that, the DS is for kids.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

DiscoStu wrote:
    It dropped in the door today and I cant put it down. It's rather rather good.

But nobody want to hear that, the DS is for kids.

Ill be waiting for the english one I reckon.

Advertisement