Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saw

• 17-03-2005 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

did anyone see this??? just watched it. what a class film

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

there is a thread on this in here some where....but yeah i saw ( :rolleyes: ) it and quite enjoyed it for teh fromage

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

ah yes seen this, was a good film and a good ending, wasn't expecting it at all :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

yeah i know, when it ended my mouth was actually wide open in shock. one of the best films ive seen in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

they're making a sequel for it too!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

First hour was promising, second hour threw it away for me. And the ending was the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time.

See here for the thread that was about when the film came out in cinemas, including more on why I and many others thought it was, overall, rather crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

watched it, thought it was enjoyable enough, but the ending left a bit to be desired. Obvious sequel ending. And what was with the make up? I've prep'd actor patients for pro first aid / disaster recovery scenarios that wernts as chin dividedly pale as carey elwes was! if it had of been orange make up he could've scored in (agh, mental lapse, sh**e night club under parnell mooney... accross from the rotunda) Begins with B (agh, I had the name before I started typing... damn this jameson!)

Some nice ideas in the movie, but very silly, danny glover character was\almost an add in, to have the black cop type characyer for "adventure" but added nothing really, one or two segments that could have been cameos by unknowns, without any loss. Very Agatha Christie, with the revelation that made no real sense. Some continuity that made it wrong, but we forgive that ( :) )

Any hooo I'm pissed so I'm not going to ramble more, I'll wait till I'm sober and cogent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

saw this a few weeks ago, i was impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

my god this flick sucked. it started so promising but has the some of the worst acting iv ever seen and the ending was so dire. one thats been filed under "to be forgotten about."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Saw it last week - thought it was ok - had potential but the ending wasn't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

agreed, ending had a nice twist but was missing something overall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

have to say there were quite a few instances where i laughed out loud during this film. it was so bad. the acting was brutal.
    it was a good concept but was it wasnt executed very well.

the only bit i found remotely "scary" was when
    the girl from Dr. Becker had that huge metal trap thing over her head and she had to open up the other guys stomach to get the key before it ripped her head apart.

overall though i thought it left a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Thought it was a pretty good scary shocker but many many things stopped it from being a favourite of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Saw it in the cimema, i loved it, the ending was great, I didnt see it as an obvious sequal ending, it leaves enough loose ends to give the audience something to talk about and make up theories.

I just know the sequal is going to be Absolute CRAP though. It Shouldn't be made...................AH but when there's money to be made!!!!!! Just Look AT Ocean's 12...I'll Say no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

saw it in the cinema.
    there was lots of good ideas in it, it could have been sooo good, but it was ok, cos the acting was terrible, really bad in the case of cary 'men in tights' elwes and danny glover...
    some of the flick should have been served with crackers it was so cheesy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

It was a good idea for a film. The acting was some of the worst i have ever seen though. It had me laughing in parts. Seriously though, the acting was atrocious, it ruined an otherwise good movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought it was brilliant. Still cant get over the ending...

Yeah it's the best ending I've seen this century. Completely unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

they're making a sequel for it too!

they are indeed, according to cinematical , music video director Darren Lynne Bousman is slated to direct.

they're gonna rush it to get a halloween release, bit optimistic really

Advertisement