Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera ya wee beauty

Options
  • 30-03-2001 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Opera...

The "third web browser"...

Right now I'm browsing boards.ie using Opera 4.03 and to be perfectly honest, I'd stick with it! For the zoom feature alone (I'm viewing the site in fullscreen mode at 150% - it looks great and is really easy to read) which I'm surprised isn't a more regular feature in web browsers, it's excellent. ... better than Netscape 6!!!

My only problem with it is that I've got the Irish language pack installed on it and don't know how to switch back to English wink.gif ... my Gaeilge is a bit rusty to say the least...

Nice one Opera- keep it up!

Bard
    "Ooh! You're so clever today you'd better be careful your foot doesn't fall off." -Nursie

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Aye - I was using it all the time in ebeon (haven't ahd a chance to d/l it here in DMT) and I'm well impressed!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

nice browser alright. i also thought i'd be smart and d/l it in Irish. i just downloaded the english version again.

-ciaran
    This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

yeah it would be good if some large company bought them out like seriously who is gonna pay for a browser? ive never tryed the free version do the ads get annoying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

yes. kinda. only sometimes though.

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I upgraded to the "free" (ad supported) version 5 and don't find the ads all that annoying really. I'm using it for boards.ie all the time now...

Bard

"and there was much rejoicing..."

• Advertisement
Advertisement