Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Tomb Raider for Xbox2 and PSP.

Options
  • 17-03-2005 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Tomb Raider coming to next Xbox, PSP

Buried in Eidos' annual report is mention of next-gen and handheld versions of Lara Croft's next adventure.
    Last week, much ado was made of the poor financial report of Eidos, which was made public in its six-month earnings statements. But between the finance-speak and delay announcements--which saw Hitman: Blood Money, 25 to Life, and the next Tomb Raider pushed back--was an even juicer bit of information.

In the "Outlook" section of the report was a justification for the delays. "Consequently, the Board has decided to move the scheduled next iteration release of Lara Croft Tomb Raider (name to be shortly announced) and Hitman: Blood Money, together with 25 to Life and Just Cause (both new IP), out of the last quarter of this financial year and into the financial year to June 2006," it read. Then came the following bombshell, "This [delay] will enable further development work to be undertaken on these titles (including additional versions of Lara Croft Tomb Raider for the next generation PSP and Xbox 2 platforms) and allow the Company to take advantage of more favorable release windows." (Emphasis added.)

Unfortunately, that's all the earnings report said regarding the PSP and Xbox 2 versions of the seventh Tomb Raider game, which are the only platforms for which it has been officially confirmed. The game is set for release in Eidos' next fiscal year, which begins July 1, which would be the earliest possible launch date for the PSP version. But with industry expectations pointing toward a Q4 2005 launch for Microsoft's next-gen console, a holiday release looks more likely if all versions of Tomb Raider VII ship simultaneously.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
    POSTED: 03/16/05 02:46 PM PST

taken from http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/16/news_6120573.html

I dont know how i feel about this, yeah im happy that details of the new game are released, but i dont think Lara belongs on the Xbox. meh ill get over it. PSP version sounds good though

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

[Witty Comment]
    Man, the consoles not even out yet and they're already trying to ruin it with Lara :D
    [/Witty Comment]

I just never liked the Tomb Raider games for some reason. Always thought that they were..... Meh. Hopefully this time, they'll actually spend time creating something that doesn't seem like an expansion pack of the previous games.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hitman on Xenon though.

Advertisement