Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 5 Final Fantasy

• 17-03-2005 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

So after the crap that was Final Fantasy X-2 I decided to rediscover what i love about this series. So my goal of late is to go back and replay the older games on Playstation. I am finding it pretty easy to get the games on E-bay or Amazon and am right now playing through IX again.

This episode has slowly moved up the list in my favourite final fantasy games. I love the fact that i am almost through disk 2 and have yet to leave someone out of my party! That is cool because by the time you do reach the stage where you divide your team most of the members you have been 'forced' to use and nobody is way behind in skills!

So my top 5 look like this:

1. Final Fantasy VII (First i ever played and still the best, cannot wait to rebuy this one! Sephiroth was the greatest enemy.)
    2. Final Fantasy IX (Like i said, slowly moving up.)
    3. Final Fantasy VI (On SNES Emulator....shh!)
    4. Final Fantasy X (Wow... the graphics)
    5. Final Fantasy VIII

So firstly i would urge FF fans to go back in time and play some of the older ones and second i would like to hear what others favoutires are. And more importantly why?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Yeah I think ff7 was the best computer game i've ever played. Just cause the story-line and the charachters were so damn cool. I hated ffX because it was the opposite. **** story-line and gay charachters. And why did they hire whiney OC-style Americans to do the voices. That ruined it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I haven't played enough Final Fantasy games all the way through to have a top 5 but I will say that FF7 is my favourite game ever. I didn't really get into FF8, enjoyed FF9 though it was weak compared to FF7 and I really liked FF10. I liked some aspects of FFX-2 but felt robbed by the ending.

FFX-2 is the only final fantasy I've never played. I heard it was all the gay aspects of X multiplied by a thousand. HAvin said that though I've only completed 7,8,9,10. The first ones were too much like pokemon games for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

popinfresh wrote:
    FFX-2 is the only final fantasy I've never played. I heard it was all the gay aspects of X multiplied by a thousand.

yes x-2 is horrible, dont waste your time and or money on it
    HAvin said that though I've only completed 7,8,9,10. The first ones were too much like pokemon games for me

i found the first few namely 4 and 6 to be very enjoyable indeed despite graphics etc

I'll agree with 6 but I havent't played 4 too much tbh. I'll take ur word for it though. Might start playin it again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

grimloch wrote:
    yes x-2 is horrible, dont waste your time and or money on it

I was appalled! never finished it because i could not take more of the bitches!
    Most annoying and disappointing game ever!

nevernev wrote:
    I was appalled! never finished it because i could not take more of the bitches!
    Most annoying and disappointing game ever!

imagine my suprise when i took it out of the box and watched the opening video, i.e. the dance thing

one of the most needlessly camp games out there with more than its fair share of annoying tedious bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Cross platform series. move thread. crap forum.

It"S only crap if u make it crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

popinfresh wrote:
    It"S only crap if u make it crap.
    Please read my post here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

TBH, i only ever fully played FF7 and 8 and they were brilliant.

But when i saw the ad for the installment after 8 i didnt like the look of it so i didnt buy it and haven't bought a final fantasy since.

Iv always wondered why they dont keep the same characters for a few of the games??

Scammo wrote:
    Iv always wondered why they dont keep the same characters for a few of the games??

well...they did for x and x-2, and we all saw how that turned out...
    apparently theres a sequel for vii so same people there presumably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

Iv always heard rumours of a sequel for FF7 but thats all they were!!

It would be cool tho the characters in 7 were brilliant.

i would be reasonably confident of the sequel, theres a film planned too, ive seen news of it but i cant remember for the life of me where it was

advent children i think they were calling it

Advertisement