Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Corporation

• 17-03-2005 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

This is a limited movie release, about 5 hours total including extras, but will scare the s**t out of ye if you think about where comnpanies are going.

For instrance, a "corporation" can be enacted as a legal "person" when it comes to property, libel or profit law, but when it comes to social responsilblity, because it is an amalgam of people responsibility difusses to leagal jaron and obfusication, and what is more it is in the governments interst to keep it so.

Silly rant, been binge drinking (had mpore than 1/8 of gill of spirit mixedd with 1000 liters of water, so it a homeopathic binge :) ) but this movie is low key and worth checking out, hey it has Noam Chompsky, so what can I say....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A very interesting doc/film, I saw it about a month ago, certainly worth a watch for anyone that liked the book "No Logo"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Very good film. Like a Noam Chomsky / Naomi Klein book in video form. Or a Michael Moore for grown-ups.

As with any documentary you get the feeling at times they're focusing almost exclusively on the evidence which suits their point, and ignoring all the rest. For instance
    the psychoanalising of the typical corporation was plainly taken from a 'lets see how we can prove he's a psychopath' standpoint, ignoring any and all opposing evidence. Surly a similar method could be used to 'prove' that corporations are the best thing since Jesus himself walked the earth.

Still, that doesn't stop it being a damn fine documentary, and pretty much essential viewing for anyone who plans to go on living in this world. And god knows we hear enough of the opposing arguments as it is (it's called 'Television').

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Great movie saw about 3 months ago, it really opened my eyes to a lot things especially milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

There was nothing new in it at all for me it was far less interesting then I'd been led to believe. I thought the major points covered in the documentary were common knowledge... "The Power Of Nightmares" is a far better documentary, I don't watch that many film docus though so there may be many better ones out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brad555

I have not heard it before. However, it does sound interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement