Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Craziness of Dublin Bus

• 17-03-2005 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

So I, like a lot of other people, am required to work on Paddy's Day. That's grand. Actually I volunteered to do it, I didn't mind. So I was waiting for my bus at 7:15 which would get into work in time for 9, when I realised that Dublin Bus, in their consumate wisdom, would naturally be running on a Sunday timetable today. And the very first sunday bus from my neck of the woods is at 9:45!! I'm just after getting into work now.

This on a day when the Dart run their full regular (admittedly Sunday) service PLUS additional services!! It makes no sense that Dublin Bus, who are constantly raising their prices, should put on a half-a$$ed service on potentially one of their busiest days! I could understand running a Sunday timetable on a regular Monday bank holiday, but today? When tens of thousands of people are going in and out of the city? Clowns.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

They put on a half @ssed service at best, every day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Agree with you totally...people still have to work but maybe they should have a bank/public holiday time-table. Which would have a limited number of buses on between 6:30am and 10am - like every 30 minutes or 45 minutes, to accomodate those of us who have to work. It is not like the old days where everywhere closes down; offices, shops etc still operate as normal! It is riduculous alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It makes no sense that they should run on Sunday schedules today.

I'm just thinking back to Sydney and New Years Eve... what an excellent service! All their Bus / Rail / Boat public transport systems were running very regularly & well into the night. Twas the same on Christmas day too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, i was in Sydney for New Years 2004 and all the transport services were fantastic. Although there WAS only one working toilet for about a million people! Talk about rivers of sh1t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

thats the unions for yeh.

if they ran a bus early on a paddys day theyed all have to get super duper extra really nice overtime.

either that or theyed go on strike for the next 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Branoic wrote:
    So I, like a lot of other people, am required to work on Paddy's Day. That's grand. Actually I volunteered to do it, I didn't mind. So I was waiting for my bus at 7:15 which would get into work in time for 9, when I realised that Dublin Bus, in their consumate wisdom, would naturally be running on a Sunday timetable today. And the very first sunday bus from my neck of the woods is at 9:45!! I'm just after getting into work now.

This on a day when the Dart run their full regular (admittedly Sunday) service PLUS additional services!! It makes no sense that Dublin Bus, who are constantly raising their prices, should put on a half-a$$ed service on potentially one of their busiest days! I could understand running a Sunday timetable on a regular Monday bank holiday, but today? When tens of thousands of people are going in and out of the city? Clowns.

You arrive in to work two hours late and the first thing you do is go surfing the net?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

eskimo wrote:
    You arrive in to work two hours late and the first thing you do is go surfing the net?? :rolleyes:

Yes. I guess I'm lucky enough that a large part of my job requirements involve surfing the net! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Um, let's not forget that Dublin Bus can't run a full service without drivers?

Some of whom might like to have St. Patrick's day off like the rest of us?

Or should they have to ferry our drunken asses around regardless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Dublin Bus is a shambles.On the 122 Route they have a half assed single decker bus which gets packed on the first stop in ashington., whereas they have a 121 double decker that runs half the distance is always less than half full.Given the evidence above and the new developement on the Cabra Road ,They need to get it in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dypso

i never had a problem on the 122 friendlyiest drivers in dublin-

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

17a is the worst bus route EVER. for example yesterday i was waiting for it for 1hr 10mins then finally not 1 but 3 came along right behind each other in a mini convoy of buses all everyone at the bus stop could do was piss themselves laughing. sad thing is this is about the 4th or 5th time it's happended to me

Also, I can never understand why they still use single decker buses because on Friday 2 of em drove straight by the bus stop has it was too full. its absolutely ridiculous the sooner that the public transport sector is privatised the sooner we get a decent bleeding bus service. and i dont buy into the whole crap story of drivers will lose their jobs because at the end of the day the new bus companies would need drivers no?

anyway rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I hate Dublin Bus with an ungodly passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭USER X

I think the drivers get paid to be A$$holes, they couldn’t possibly be more irritating if they tried. I spend half my day running after busses, the most I have ever had to run is 6 stages of a route to get on a bus. I have an endorsement on my license so nobody will insure me and I don’t have a choice but to get the bus because the weather is not reliable enough to cycle into town everyday. An hour to get into the city centre each morning to go to college just makes one feel suicidal, especially considering I can cycle it in 25 minutes and when I was driving, it usually took only 15 minutes. I have also done quite a bit of travelling around the world, most recently I was in New York and the subway was fantastic, a little expensive but at least you get what you pay for, unlike here where they like to rape you over and over and then kick you while you’re down (financially).

~User X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kolargol

Lads I don't want to be nasty, but the bus service in Dublin is even worse than in Mauretania. Sometimes I have an impression that all buses are private vehicles and they keep going whenever they want. They never come on time! Last week I was on the bus with Michael Schumacher :D he overtook all vehicles that were in sight and we took the first prize finally :p , but after that I puked a few times before I got home, any questions? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You want to do something to make a difference then stick the phone number for your buses garage on the mobile. When the bus doesnt show up, ring them and ask where the fúck it is, piss em off enough and you'll start getting answers. If it carries on get onto their managers. Enough people regularly tdo that and it will have an effect, ive seen it.

Bear in mind too that a few years back there was a few of these wasters sacked from clontarf garage (i think) when management found out that the controllers and drivers were working a scam and taking nights off while pretending to run buses. Thats what youre up against so be vocal! :D

Advertisement