Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

positive interest on credit card

Options
  • 17-03-2005 12:31pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if I should earn interest on my CC account if I keep it constantly in the black, and if so, how much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

No you don't get interest on it. I think this may have been the case with a BOI card a few years ago but not any more.

**Edit : Just saw you're in Holland, they may have a different system. If you ring up your bank they should be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

0utshined wrote:
    I think this may have been the case with a BOI card a few years ago but not any more.
    It was and, as you say, not any more with BOI.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's actually a BOI card. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Actually you do get interest added to your credit card for credit balances! There is 1% (APR) credit interest earned on credit balances. Amounts are credit to accounts each month. My card is with BoI and I just confirmed this with them a few weeks ago. My card is an affinity card so maybe you get more interest depending on what card you have or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Mpre likely to get cash back than interest. Some CC companies give a small percent back to the consumer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement