Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options
  • 17-03-2005 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just checking that its out 2mo, ive been waiting for so long!! can't wait! who else can't wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Friday afaik

although that didnt stop me running into every game shop in cork asking them is it out yet, hoping that someone broke the street date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I need this game!

But I only have €2.37 left :(
    Stupid student life

Roar wrote:
    Friday afaik

ha ha ...

tomorow IS friday...

well done roar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

are smyths ever known for breaking the street date of games?

tempted to call over and pick up a copy today... i'm just not in the mood for drinking :(

tman wrote:
    are smyths ever known for breaking the street date of games?

tempted to call over and pick up a copy today... i'm just not in the mood for drinking :(

dont think they do.. the last time i bought a street date broken game was pro evo 4 in gamestop in cork.. the dude behind the counter told me it was only cause Game were doing it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

I imported an American copy of resi 4 from a website but due to various problems only got it last week :rolleyes: In retrospect I should have just waited. This game is well funky tho; I'm enjoying every second of it. Just one more day...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished it last weekend. I have to say that it could well be the game of the year. I'm surprised that capcom made such a fantastic 3rd person action game. It puts shame to all the other generic games in the genre. Every gamecube own should rush out and get this excellent game even if they don't like resident evil since it now plays like a whole new game.

Is it scary like the last ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

It looks scary as hell, although the Lord of the Rings influence is puzzling me. Good thing they have included some of the exclusive monsters from the books,
    the thing in the water (leviathan)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm curious about what you're referring to when you say "Lord of the Rings influence"?

I imported it around mid-February. Superb game an definitely the best of it's genre. Though in terms of scariness I'd say it has it's moments but really did nothing for me.
    When you finish the game you get a harder difficulty mode to play with which IMO is much more fun and balanced and how the game should've been presented in the first place. The scariness factor is upped somewhat when you've 5-10 enemies approaching and only a handful of handgun rounds left :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone know if it will be released today anywhere?

Creature wrote:
    I'm curious about what you're referring to when you say "Lord of the Rings influence"?
    That giant troll thing coming through the gateway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Rhyme wrote:
    the thing in the water (leviathan)

That's got nothing to do with LotR, if that's what you're saying. Here's a wikipedia entry about it.

No-no, the
    giant troll was the LOTR ref in my view
    the
    thing in the water was from the books

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I see.. resident evil books then? Never heard of them... but a quick google reveals that they do indeed exist.

you sad basterd :p

Goodshape wrote:
    I see.. resident evil books then? Never heard of them... but a quick google reveals that they do indeed exist.

you sad basterd :p

Burned i so am, i noticed them when on holiday one time and bought them all over a space of a few months... havent read them in about 3 year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I suppose they do look similar, though I'd hardly call LOTR an influence because of that.

Moving on, I found a site here where you can download all of the in game cut-scenes and boss fights. Of course it contains spoilers so if you haven't played the game don't clink the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have €20 on my reward card. I get paid tomorrow. RE4 is released. I think that's fate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Woohoo, have it sitting next to my cube right now, actually what the hell am i doing on these forums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

^Where did you get it? It wasn't in GAME when I looked in this morning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I tried Game in Cork for it half an hour ago and it wasn't on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have €20 on my reward card. I get paid tomorrow. RE4 is released. I think that's fate. :)

sure itt will only cost you about 20quid of the bank. you have to! i want that pal box! its so cool lookin and the discs too! im stuck with my gay lookin american box :( my game save wont work with the pal game unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whats with bloody American NTSC boxes. Resident Evil and Final Fantasy boxes look terrible for the NTSC games. Much nicer artwork on the PAL boxes. Proves Americans have no taste :)

What's the PAL conversion like. Capcom usually do great conversions but even the NTSC version had big dirty PAL lines (they could be removed if your tv has a zoom function).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ARRRRGH!!! Noooo!!!! Why, WHY must i be stuck in friggin work until half 7, absolutely nowhere near a game shop?? Looks like ill have to wait til tomorrow..god damn these late shifts to bloody hell :mad:
    Been waiting for his game since those first early videos about 3 damn years ago..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Anyone know if it is out in HMV in Grafton St yet?

Might head in on the Luas after work (lovely all week 7pm opening)... Bought a DS there last week, RE4 this week ... I am such a Nintendo whore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just collected my copy from Game on Dawson st...now all I have to do is finish work and run home..

The guy in there tells me that every third person in there this morning bought it. Not surprising really.

I've got the beers in the fridge, the woman gotton rid of for the weekend, 15 spare pairs of boxers....I'm all set!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

smokingman wrote:
    15 spare pairs of boxers....I'm all set!

ewwww :mad: :( :eek: to much information

HMV better not be sold out ... there will be a Wicknight ass kicking if they are

How much are game selling it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

got it for 55.....not the best really but had to get it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Swifty wrote:
    Woohoo, have it sitting next to my cube right now, actually what the hell am i doing on these forums :)
    likewise :p

the pro logic sounds so sweet

got it for €49.49 in smyths galway... game didn't even have it on the shelves :rolleyes:

Advertisement