Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There had better be one left for me... I'm only starting work at 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Whoooooo

Played it for an hour or two this morning and it is absolutely freakin brilliant so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It gets even BETTER !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

man its good :eek:

****ing bastard friends and family keep calling me though :mad:
    think i'll turn my phone off and get down to some serious resi acshun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Retr0gamer wrote:
    What's the PAL conversion like. Capcom usually do great conversions but even the NTSC version had big dirty PAL lines (they could be removed if your tv has a zoom function).

Yep has big dirty borders on it. But big dirty smooth 60hz borders :) My widescreen has a handy fit to screen button anyway, you get a slight reduction in quality but its worth it. It's cool so far, but im only on chapter 3 of the first part. I wouldn't be a fan of Leon though, he looks like a male model with his poncy floppy hairdo. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

However Ashley isn't bad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Swifty wrote:
    Yep has big dirty borders on it. But big dirty smooth 60hz borders :) My widescreen has a handy fit to screen button anyway, you get a slight reduction in quality but its worth it. It's cool so far, but im only on chapter 3 of the first part. I wouldn't be a fan of Leon though, he looks like a male model with his poncy floppy hairdo. :D

bah! leon was the man back in resi 2, best resi character ever!

Oh and damn you all for playing it while im stuck in work :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Claire was much more annoying. I still can't get her high pitched 'Leon!' out of my head after all these years.

Deadwing wrote:
    bah! leon was the man back in resi 2, best resi character ever!

Oh and damn you all for playing it while im stuck in work :(
    nah. Chris was the man. Leon was just some snot nosed rookie.
    he's a hell of a lot less annoying in resi4. wish they'd used Claire or Jill instead though :(

at the start of the third chapter now, but i've run out of ammo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Well, I got it in smiths for 50E. It was nowhere to be found in my GAME. I thnk I'll be going to smiths from now on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

how many chapters are there does anyone know?? ive just started off in the castle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

There's five in all iirc. Each consisting of 4 sub chapters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Ah for feck's sake. This is ridiculous there are so many goddamn games just out. I'm barely into GT4 and KOTOR2 even with the bugs. Matrix Online is out in 2 weeks and WTF now RE4. WTF like is this a pisstake or something?

Not that I need to compulsively keep buying games but there are too many "must have" oine's out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

At the start of chapter 3 aswell here myself. Oh goodie theres a deranged priest behind it all. The story is so meh.. as expected but the gameplay is pretty damn good. What are ye spending yere pesetas on from the gun selling nacker? I upped my pistol skills a level and have lvl 2 shotgun firepower. Holding back on the rocket launcher till later.

Graphics are so impressive, hard to believe its on the GC. If kevo was reviewing this it's be a big two thumbs up "DEDLY" in the graffex department.

Swifty wrote:
    What are ye spending yere pesetas on from the gun selling nacker? I upped my pistol skills a level and have lvl 2 shotgun firepower. Holding back on the rocket launcher till later.
    at the start of the 2nd chapter myself (2-1)
    i've got my shotty, pistol and rifle all fully upgraded to level 2 :)
    gonna start saving for the rpg now.

the boss battles are just plain... wow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

What is this resident Evil I keep hearing about :P

Actually, I bought my GC last week especially because I heard so many good things about this game. Seems like its living up to its claims. May have to give the long haired fool in Game Mahon Point another fistful of cash tomorrow. It's a shame because I just know Viewtiful Joe, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2 and all the others are not going to get a look-in. Also, I have a friend coming over tomorrow who won't leave when he sees it. Maybe I should wait and pick it up second hand in about 6 months time?

j/k

hmmm... its a ****ing great game (looking like an early contender for my game of the year)
    but pikmin 2 is an absolute whore of a game to pick back up if you haven't played it in a few weeks.
    it'd be fairly criminal to just leave a great game like that uncompleted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

anyone seen the resident evil gamecube pack out with the cube and the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea every store has them just not a lot of them. its fairly cheap. for 160m you get it and metroid prime 2 and a free memory card in GAME.

and i dont know what yous are all talkin about not bein able to find it. dawson st had TONNES of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Got mine in Game in Liffey Valley, €55.

My GF won't let me play it without her though because she loves the games , but she only loves watching them, she won't play em! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ah for feck's sake. This is ridiculous there are so many goddamn games just out. I'm barely into GT4 and KOTOR2 even with the bugs. Matrix Online is out in 2 weeks and WTF now RE4. WTF like is this a pisstake or something?

Not that I need to compulsively keep buying games but there are too many "must have" oine's out at the moment.

i know what you mean the last few months have been hectic for game releases
    doom3, halflife2 , san andreas, gt4, now resident evil, battlefield soon and maybe stalker aswell its just plain not fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

How DARE they release quality game after quality game. Bastards. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

How DARE they release quality game after quality game. Bastards. :p

dont worry im sure EA will bring down the standards in between all the goodness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

I am so screwed for school work now that this game is out!! It's so amazing!

I havent had too much time to play it because of the weekend and what not. It is just fantastic though, non stop entertainment, it really never lets you down...hope the story goes somewhere half decent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i wont be getting it till wednesday, but i;ve two days off work then so i'll be locking myself in and turning off my phone.. and the lads at work got me vouchers for game for my birthday which was fairly handy... nice one...

first two boss battles are amazing.
    the one on the boat was cool but fairly easy, the ogre killed me first time I tried, gonna give him another go in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The next one's even better ;)

Unfortunately I found that most of the boss battles, despite being great fun, were a bit of a let down in terms of difficulty. Except for one
    Salazar's bodyguard
    which I had to resort to buying a rocket launcher to beat :(
    Still though, Pro mode makes things much more fun (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I FINALLY got it yesterday..absolutley class. I went into it and started playing like a regular resident evil game thinking 'these villagers arent so tough! i can take em! Theyre slow!' Then they chased me into a house and chopped down the door with a chainsaw..chased me into a corner, i had to use a flash grenade to blind them, run upstairs still being chased by the chainsaw dude, jumped out a window, got chased across the rooftops, and then realised this is the best resident evil gae since RE2 :D The shotgun!!! its so easy to tell shinji mikami is back at the controls when you hear that shotgun blast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

spoiler tags would be nice, deadwing :mad:

Advertisement