Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Roar wrote:
    spoiler tags would be nice, deadwing :mad:
    Thats not really a spoiler roar, you get chased by villagers every 5 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Oh the shotgun! :drool:!!

I am going through it quite slowly because of the GF, but it is so much fun!

On a side note, did anyone see the chainsaw controllers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what a ****ing game :eek:

i'm in the castle now.
    the "insects" are so ****ing cool!. blasting one of those away with the magnum has to be one of my definitive gaming moments.
    right up there with cruising down vice beach on a pcj600 for the first time:)
    playing as ashley now. not too fond of the change of pace... but i guess they couldn't keep things hectic all the way through the game

wish i didn't have work in a couple of hours :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Deadwing wrote:
    you get chased by villagers every 5 seconds

Ah here now come on. Your running rampant with the spoilers now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I am going through it quite slowly because of the GF, but it is so much fun!

Hurry up, damnit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

eeeeek chapter 2-2
    what the **** is up with the tenticles coming out of the villagers heads, they are freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol poor Tusky.

There's a much easier way of killing the head parasites than wasting loads of ammo on them and afaik it doesn't tell you about it anywhere in the game. However for fairness sakes I'll use spoiler tags anyway.
    The Plagas that come out of the Ganado's necks (or any of them for that matter) can be killed instantly by a flash grenade

I didn't discover that till my second play through and it was totally accidental. Comes in very handy later on :)

Creature wrote:
    Lol poor Tusky.

There's a much easier way of killing the head parasites than wasting loads of ammo on them and afaik it doesn't tell you about it anywhere in the game. However for fairness sakes I'll use spoiler tags anyway.
    The Plagas that come out of the Ganado's necks (or any of them for that matter) can be killed instantly by a flash grenade

I didn't discover that till my second play through and it was totally accidental. Comes in very handy later on :)

You sir, are a scholar and a saint, however I fear it may be too late...
    Im at the bit in the house when its being attacked by loads of villagers and I have a total of around 10 bullets :(

Ah yeah thats a rough bit alright.
    Can you maybe upgrade the ammo capacity on any of your guns? That will automatically refill them ;). Don't worry about Luis getting hit by the Ganados He can't die (as far as I know). Although just make sure you don't shoot him too many times! Bad things will happen....
    I find at that bit its best to hide in the corner by the stairs and try to shoot them as they're crawling in the windows. Also make sure you block the windows first and pick up the ammo and whatnot lying around.
    When push comes to shove it's best to use the kick method. Knee-cap one enemy and give him a good kick, should send the others around him flying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Oh the shotgun! :drool:!!

its thebest shotgun since re2's super shotgun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Got to the castle there now. Waaa there's so many new weapons to buy now and I haven't much cash, wasted 30k on a rocket launcher which I fired at the wall by accident and then only realised thats all you get, one shot for 30 bleedin grand!! So think twice if you're saving for a RL.
    Biggest shock of the game so far is definately getting my head cut off by the chainsaw wielding villagers with the bandaged faces! Was ****ting myself, panicking, running up and down ladders then you turn around and BAM! Chainsaw in the throat :) Class.

*wanders back off to play more*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Let EVERY weird not regular enemy kill you! they kill you in cool ways.
    the dude with the claws stuck his right claw through my face and lifted me up and then stuck the other one in my body. another time he just lobbed my head straight off, also gettin killed by the insects is brilliant!!!!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Let EVERY weird not regular enemy kill you! they kill you in cool ways.
    the dude with the claws stuck his right claw through my face and lifted me up and then stuck the other one in my body. another time he just lobbed my head straight off, also gettin killed by the insects is brilliant!!!!

Face melt!

Actually Ihorg if you like the death scenes you might want to download the video which shows every death scene in the game, here . You can get that as well as all the cut-scenes.
    Warning! - Its strongly reccomended that you do not click the above link if you have not yet finished the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

It's so amazing isn't it?!! I'm just through the garden in the castle. those dogs are nasty! Graphics are so good too! and the guns.....what can i say!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

That deaths video is pretty cool, must've taken a while to compile, and been very frustrating also. I got the US version, is there any extras on the PAL release?

Yeah was talking to a friend today who got the PAL version, he said you get to choose from easy or normal when starting as opposed to being stuck with just normal.

also a language option. i prefer just normal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The story may be a joke but I'm surprised that the biological theory and references are spot on. It's not the farce that SOF2 was. I'm such a science nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Swifty wrote:
    ...wasted 30k on a rocket launcher which I fired at the wall by accident and then only realised thats all you get, one shot for 30 bleedin grand!! So think twice if you're saving for a RL.
    Ah crap, I was about to buy it to kill the
    big bloke who is heard growling behind a gate in (2-1?)
    I've tried the TMP to some effect, nades, rifle and shotgun appear to have neglible effect, so I figured a rocket to the noggin would sort it out. I guess I'll just keep on with shoot and run, shoot and run, shoot and dieeeee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The new improved mercenaries mode is ridiculously good fun. Great for as a pass the joypad to a friend and see if they could do better game. You don't get it until you finish the game.

The shenmue style button presses are genius.

• Advertisement

The RL is best used to either kill
    The yolk that you face when you get out of the sewers with the liquid nitrogen, Salthazars play thing, I believe its called IT, anyways freeze it and one blast of the RL and IT's history
    or
    Kill Salthazar himself when he mutates, just blast the thing untill Salthazar is revealed and one shot and he's history

I thought the story was alright tbh, maybe not the ideal continuation to the series but good none-the-less

I didn't use the RL at all. I think it would have made the bosses too easy. It was far more fun to kill them the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Creature wrote:
    Lol poor Tusky.

wonder if that works on the
    el giganto's or whatever the hell the troll type dudes are called... i've just wasted a LOT of ammo on one of the mofos (the part where two of them attack, and you can only seem to dip one of them into the molten lava trap)
    that was followed shortly by a seriously ammo sapping, but incredibly fun mine cart section :)
    goty tbh

tman wrote:
    wonder if that works on the
    el giganto's or whatever the hell the troll type dudes are called... i've just wasted a LOT of ammo on one of the mofos (the part where two of them attack, and you can only seem to dip one of them into the molten lava trap)
    that was followed shortly by a seriously ammo sapping, but incredibly fun mine cart section :)
    goty tbh

i did that part last night. and no it doesnt work.
    you can only get one in the lava and thank god you can. that was the first time i properly killed one. knifed that plagas good. the flash doesnt work on it thuogh and it doesnt work later on either on the regenerators.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The new improved mercenaries mode is ridiculously good fun. Great for as a pass the joypad to a friend and see if they could do better game. You don't get it until you finish the game.

The shenmue style button presses are genius.

new improved? from what?

I presume from mercinaries mode in Resi 3: Nemisis. It was good enough, but the new one is much better

jonnybadd wrote:
    I presume from mercinaries mode in Resi 3: Nemisis. It was good enough, but the new one is much better

what is mercinaries mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

when u finished nemisis there was a mini game called mercenaries where u picked one of the umbrella army blokes and get to get from the tram to the start of the game eash had diff ammo and stuff to make it easier/harder.there was a timer too and each section was full of enemies was a enjoyable mode cant wait to try this new one.

The new mercenaries mode is insane but great fun.
    It puts you in a huge level that has constantly respawning enemies and you have a certain amount of time to kill them. It also features bigger and harder chainsaw guys with double bladed chainsaws that have a new move which I have dubbed 'the annoying but cool looking texas chainsaw massacre insane attack'. Haven't really played the Ada missions. Do they add anything to the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Just played it for 5 hours stright very good game much better than the other's only thing i dont like is that you cant buy ammo as the game seems to trow up dozens of enemys every now and again just to suck you dry of ammo other than that its class

Advertisement