Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye, although if you could buy ammo it would be a bit silly cause you would just load up on shotty ammo or something instead of using the correct gun, in the correct situation.

There was one absolutly brilliant part where after killing a whole LOT of guys I was literally down to one bullet. Everyone was dead, and I only had one bullet left, brilliant :D

My one complaint is the headshots, some times they one shot kill, other times your just as well off hitting the guy in the leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the headshots are never one off kills. its only after they have been hit a few times will the heas blow off.

i mean how can a guy take 6 or 7 headshots(the chainsaw dude) and still have a head?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I had to finish off the first
    troll with my combat knife slashing its legs untill it dropped down exposeing the alien thing
    because i ran out of ever thing else :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i mean how can a guy take 6 or 7 headshots(the chainsaw dude) and still have a head?

Ever get killed by one of them? they lob your head clean off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got quite a few one shot kill headshots later on with a tooled up handgun. There were far more times when they took a load of head shots to floor. I didn't have much trouble with ammo going through the game. In fact I had more trouble with having far too much in my inventory. Never ran out of ammo but did run short on a few occasions especially of handgun ammo but that was towards the end of the game when the shotgun and rifle become standard weapons. The game seems to have points where it gives you a certain amount of ammo depending on how badly off you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah it seems to give you ammo in the order of, Weapon Most Used, Weapon Currently Equipped and then everything else. At least this trend follows in the boxes and stuff you smash, afaik the ammo out on the maps are pre-determined

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just got to a lake myself...ooooerr, what's going on there?!

What's that shadow........

ARRRRGGGGGRRRRGGG!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

LOL smoking. Just to the castle myself.

You sure about the never getting one-shotted? I am sure that I have one shotted bad guys with my pistol. Then it takes 5-7 shots for the guy beside him :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The new mercenaries mode is insane but great fun.
    It puts you in a huge level that has constantly respawning enemies and you have a certain amount of time to kill them. It also features bigger and harder chainsaw guys with double bladed chainsaws that have a new move which I have dubbed 'the annoying but cool looking texas chainsaw massacre insane attack'. Haven't really played the Ada missions. Do they add anything to the story.

Right, if you finish Assignment Ada you get
    a new and extremely powerful gun that's good fun to mess about with but unfortunately costs 1,000,000. You also get to see a cut scene at the end with Wesker.
    God damn I hate those super-chainsaw guys, fighting them with Leon, Ada or Wesker is ok but with Hunk or Krauser is bloody difficult. Especially if Krauser's arm isn't charged.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    I didn't use the RL at all. I think it would have made the bosses too easy. It was far more fun to kill them the hard way.

I managed to hold off using the RL but had to with
    Salazar's bodyguard. I used up literally all of my ammo and all the nitrogen tanks but it still didn't die. However in subsequent play throughs I have to say I'm glad I used the RL. Since if you shoot it to death it simply falls down and dies, whereas if you blow it up you get a nice view of it being blown into many frozen chunks :D

Have to say I don't mind the story at all. While it's hardly Shakespeare material it's as good as most similar games at the moment. Though I do hope they bring Wesker in as the main villain in the next game. Also you've got love the political commentaries e.g.
    Saddler's comments on America policing the world.

And lets not forget:

Leon:"Sounds more like terrorism"
    Salazar: "My my isn't that a popular word these days"

Regarding the ammo. I must say that was possibly the only aspect of the game I didn't like. I never ran out of ammo once and always had a selection of at least two guns to use at one time. I had much more fun with Pro mode where the enemies take a lot more ammo to go down.
    The bit in the cabin with Luis where the Ganados swarm in through the windows was insane on Pro mode

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Creature wrote:
    I managed to hold off using the RL but had to with
    Salazar's bodyguard. I used up literally all of my ammo and all the nitrogen tanks but it still didn't die. However in subsequent play throughs I have to say I'm glad I used the RL. Since if you shoot it to death it simply falls down and dies, whereas if you blow it up you get a nice view of it being blown into many frozen chunks :D
    I used up my magnum ammo on him after I froze him for the last time. Made mince meat of him :) Have to say I didn't have any trouble on that boss and beat him on my first go. One of the best bosses in the game imo.

• Advertisement

Yeah he was certainly one of the best boss fights in the game,
    the last fight with Krauser was my favourite and IMO the most challenging
    , but nonetheless I had to use a RL. Ran out of ammo :confused: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Creature wrote:
    Have to say I don't mind the story at all. While it's hardly Shakespeare material it's as good as most similar games at the moment. Though I do hope they bring Wesker in as the main villain in the next game. Also you've got love the political commentaries e.g.
    didn't the tyrant take care of him in resi 1?

damn text within spoiler tags shows up if you quote someone's post :mad:

You had to use it anyway :)

The best for me was
    the two el gigantes just for when the first one you dip into the molten lava jumps back out and tries to grab you. Frightened the crap out of me. Reminded me of super metroid :)

tman wrote:

Yes but in RE Code Veronica he shows up again clearly not dead and with crazy super human powers.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    the two el gigantes just for when the first one you dip into the molten lava jumps back out and tries to grab you. Frightened the crap out of me. Reminded me of super metroid

Heh yeah that was great. Wasn't expecting it at all.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You had to use it anyway
    Use what?

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The best for me was
    the two el gigantes just for when the first one you dip into the molten lava jumps back out and tries to grab you. Frightened the crap out of me. Reminded me of super metroid :)
    that never happened to me, and i played through that scene twice :confused:
    think i'll go back over it again when i get home tonight :)

They show him getting back up in RE:Remake. Makes it seem less silly when he appears in CV.
    Use what?

The RL.
    Just like in Resi 2 Ada throws you a rocket launcher after you have done enough damage.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    They show him getting back up in RE:Remake. Makes it seem less silly when he appears in CV.
    ah. my cocksprout brother overwrote my save in remake, so i never got around to finishing it :mad:
    tempted to pick up another copy of it along with code veronica now (never actually played that one) but i know that i'll be dissapointed by the old skool resi gameplay after playing 4

Retr0gamer wrote:

The RL.
    Just like in Resi 2 Ada throws you a rocket launcher after you have done enough damage.

Oh right. But you know thats not entirely true.
    You can beat Saddler without using the RL. I did one time and in the next game I sold the "Special RL" for a nice sum of cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I have *got* to finish this game, so I can read this thread with all the spoilers unveiled :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah christ, spoiler heaven this thread, I'm still in the castle myself so I'm not touching those!

Hey look its another spoiler..
    Good christ this game is intense. They never stop throwing things at you to fight. Just got my way through the invisible insects bit, they're my new favourite enemy of the game so far.. really make you panic. Right there I was in the bit where you have to de-activate the security with the red switches, around ten guys running at you and then a picture frame falls down to reveal two monks carrying RL's.. I shat myself, paused it immediately and sat there laughing for a sec at how ****ing crazy it was :)

• Advertisement

yea that was pretty cool! i hate using snipers in games like counterstrike but in this i love it cause its usually in a panic you whip it out and i love the feeling when you see a hatchet flying at your head and you pick it off just before it smacks you in the face. im gonna finish it tomorrow. im on chapter 5-2 at the moment (i should have finished it two months ago but i just never went back to it until yesterday)_

winding down after an evening shift at work with a quick game of resi = worst idea ever :o

i'm at the end of the castle section now
    salazar is an absolute hoor!
    you have to be fairly on the ball to keep avoiding the ****er whilst trying to snipe its eye...

i though that boss fight was simple
    i just used my magnum and when i ran out of ammo i used the pistol to shoot the eye and one shot to the head with the rifle killed the ****er

Didn't find it that hard either
    I just tmp'ed the eye and shot the snotty little **** with the magnum and then rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Same as myself, one of the easier bosses I felt

i hate the tmp. i had one for about 10 minutes and then sold it. i use my riot gun a lot! saving up for a killer 7 now!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    saving up for a killer 7 now!

Can anyone one say free plug :)

I liked the tmp good for the annoying dogs, invisible insects and some of the boss fights.

The TMP is a superb gun but only with it's stats maxed out and combined with the stock.

Right I've got a fool proof way of beating Salazar:
    right firstly make sure you stay on the top tier of the area and, I can't stress this enough, stay on the far right by the ladder. Shoot the tentacle in front of Leon, thats Salazar's right hand tentacle if you look at it from his perspective. Anyway shoot that one about 6 or 7 times with something like the shotgun until it retracts into the wall. Then if you're standing where I said you're completely safe from all his attacks. then it's just just a case of shooting the eye on the central stalk and Salazar's head with the magnum or sniper rifle when it appears in the centre.
    If you do this properly you wont get hit once.

The Killer 7 is a great gun but if you want power the Broken Butterfly is the best, but only when you max it out. Costs a lot but is a ridiculous amount of fun playing with a gun that boasts a firepower of 50.

Heh, funny story
    I was playing last night in that section mentioned above where the picture frame falls down revealing the monks with the RLs. I'm on very low health and a RL shot will definitely kill me. So I start firing at the monks with my shotgun, and what happens? I only shoot the rocket as it's in mid-air coming toward Leon making it explode and killing the two monks in the process! Brilliant!

Creature wrote:
    Right I've got a fool proof way of beating Salazar:
    right fistly make sure you stay on the top tier of the area and, I can't stress this enough, stay on the far right by the ladder. Shoot the tentacle in front of Leon, thats Salazar's right hand tentacle if you look at it from his perspective. Anyway shot that one about 6 or 7 times with something like the shotgun until it retracts into the wall. Then if you're standing where I said you're completely safe from all his attacks. then it's just just a case of shooting the eye on the central stalk and Salazar's head with the magnum or sniper rifle when it appears in the centre.
    If you do this properly you wont get hit once.
    heh.
    i thought i was being clever by skulking around the lower level and collecting all of the items from crates.
    i only made 3 attempts at killing him last night, and each time it was the bitey move that got me. gonna give your way a try tonight (i really should've just ignored the spoiler...)
    i hate the tmp. i had one for about 10 minutes and then sold it. i use my riot gun a lot!
    same here :D
    the riot gun and broken butterfly are both pure sex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

God, the TMP just pisses away ammo... What a waste of money.

Advertisement