Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ok the TMP may seem bad at first but trust me, stick with it and you'll be glad you did. When you upgrade the firepower to the maximum 1.8 and equip the stock you're looking at an automatic head bursting machine that deals out something in the range of 15-20 points of firepower per second.

But I agree, the Broken Butterfly is teh sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

for the salazar fight i just
    stood at the doorway and his tentacle things just seemed to land either side of me each time.it didnt take me too long due to the weapons i used.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

for salazar i just stood right in front of him. The bite attack may be instant kill but you can see it coming a mile away. When he pulls back to prepare for the attack just hop down or leg it to the side. His other attacks can be avoided with nifty button presses

Yeah but if you do it my way you don't have to worry about dodging anything, you can just sit back and blast away :p

i didnt worry i just pwned his sorry ass! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anybody know if the number of saves affects your ending or goodie rewards after finishing the game?

I've been taking bite sized chunks of gameplay on this since monday (had 4 hours of it at the weekend) before herself comes in and demands the tv and I'm not going to play it upstairs without surround sound.

As a result, I've gotton past two bosses and I have about 20 saves....

Will that screw me over do ya think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I was closing in on 80 saves by the end and only saved when a typewriter presented itself. Didn't seem to affect the goodies and don't remember there being a ranking either. Check www.gamefaqs.com there should be more info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

No they took out the save affecting your rank thing. They change this in Outbreak afaik

smokingman wrote:
    Anybody know if the number of saves affects your ending or goodie rewards after finishing the game?

No.

I finished the game with over 100 saves :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Just got to the castle yesterday, OMFG the riot gun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I finished this the other day.

The whole thing was imensely fun.

But,
    I wasn't too crazy about that bit where the helicopter is providing you with covering fire... it was all a bit too confusing and it didn't quite work. Also I'm used to the final bosses in Resident Evil games coming back after you think you've killed them, so that was a a little dissapointing.

I think it would have been good if there had been some way to change weapons without going into the inventory screen. Perhaps by using the D-pad. It sort of ruins the rhythm of the game, when you can take your time to rummage around in your flight case for just the right gun to dispatch the monsters currently standing 10 inches away from you. Although he'd have to visibly be holding all the weapons on his person if this was the case. It might be funny if Ashley had to carry all your weapons for you and when you wanted your shot gun she'd have to throw it to you. It's only a small gripe really... it's just when everything else in the game felt so fluid, the inventory system just felt sort of intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

So, who else got suprised by the snake?
    the ones that hide in the ammo box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    So, who else got suprised by the snake?
    the ones that hide in the ammo box
    thought you meant there was gonna be a snake boss, for a second there :(
    nearly crapped myself the first time it happened :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Surprised yes, but I LOVE the little guys;they are actually beneficial.

Surprised yes, but I LOVE the little guys;they are actually beneficial.
    Yes their eggs are yummy and only take up one tiny space in your inventory.

You can also throw the eggs too, which is pretty funny... they get equiped in your belt just like the grenades... it's pretty cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

The
    chicken eggs are also benificial, has anyone found a gold one yet? Complete life recovery and only one space in your inventory. Good stuff really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

This game really is that damn good. Its early days still, but game of the year contender anyone??
    It should win goty for one reasond alone:
    the scene where you, ashley and luis are in the house being attacked by hordes of villagers
    . No resi game so far has captured the panic stricken under siege from zombie masses effect quite as well as that scene :D

there hadnt been many times in the game that really made me jump. one was the first time a snake got me cause i was lookin at it when i cracked open the box and was thinkin "is that a snake" and then WHAMMO! lol. another time was in
    the courtyard with the dogs cause i didnt hear it and i just saw it fly past me and if freaked the crap out of me!
    and then twice on disc 2
    once when you were jumping through all the mine carts,there is a bit where you are in a sandy place and you can hear this chainsaw runnin but you cant see it and whn i got to the guy i killed him and i was like "oh cool" and then another one just flew out at me. i crapped myself!
    and the scariest part ive had so far by a mile
    is when you are goin through a kitchen type area on the island and its all quiet and the all of a sudden that fcuker bursts out of the freezer in flames running at you! freked the crap out of me!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    is when you are goin through a kitchen type area on the island and its all quiet and the all of a sudden that fcuker bursts out of the freezer in flames running at you! freked the crap out of me!
    thats up there with the dogs jumping through the window in resi1 tbh.
    i pooped a little :o

some cool badies are introduced not long after that. i love the way you have to kill them

Those dogs get me every time despite knowing they are coming. I wonder if that moment will get me again :)

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:

Actually it's an oven :p. "What was he doing in here?"

Oh yes... What is with the bit where
    you get to Saddler's throne room and Leon sits down on the throne and does a silly pose. Is it some reference that I'm not getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

quick on lads..

near the start of the game the merchant tells you if you shoot down ten blue tags in the graveyard he'll give you a special gun....

what is it?

i horsed through the level without shootin em down ya see...

Roar wrote:
    quick on lads..

near the start of the game the merchant tells you if you shoot down ten blue tags in the graveyard he'll give you a special gun....

what is it?

i horsed through the level without shootin em down ya see...
    He gives you an enhanced handgun that can shoot through more than one enemy. As soon as I got it I sold the original handgun for some cash. So it's pretty handy.

Finding the blue tags is easy if you buy the treasure map off him.

He gives you an enhanced handgun that can shoot through more than one enemy. As soon as I got it I sold the original handgun for some cash. So it's pretty handy.

Finding the blue tags is easy if you buy the treasure map off him.
    aye. its called the punisher iirc.
    i actually sold mine because i'd modded the handgun quite a bit by the time he gave the punisher to me.
    think i got 13/15... wonder what happens if you get all of them?

tman wrote:
    think i got 13/15... wonder what happens if you get all of them?
    Feck all happens. I missed the bit where he said I only had to get 10 of them and went and got all 15.

If you get all 15 he gives you a slightly enhanced Punisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Iam at the castle down the sewer with them insects one of them sacred the ****e out of me he was on the roof and land on top of me cool game

which is the best handgun red9 or punisher

Red 9 is far better than the punisher but takes up a lot more room and then even more with the stock (reccomended). I prefer the Blacktail over all though.

• Advertisement

broken butterfly is savage. pity the ammo is scarce.

Advertisement