Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

ya red nine is the best weapon iam stuck on that puzzle with ashley in the armour statue rooms its a wreck the head

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

kazu
    there's four squares in the floor in that room, push the statues on to two of them, walk over to one, make sure ashley is on it, tell her to wait, then walk over to the vacant one, hey presto

hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

think kazu means that ****ing annoying puzzle with the 8 squares. can't offer any tips on it though... its one of those things you just have to persevere with :(

just after finishing the game now
    Leon turning down ashley and then cracking on to Hunnigan... wtf?
    the end boss was a little disappointing. it reminded me of amorbis from metroid prime 2 a little too much tbh
    quite possibly my new all time favourite game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

tman your right anyway i got by both :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hehe got the Hand Cannon last night. I'll say one thing, it certainly lives up to it's name!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is a great game, im at the bit where your locked into a house and you have to shoot all the town residents that keep coming and coming,... very hard..

played through it for a second time yesterday and have started on my third run now. trying to save up for the
    infinite launcher

unbelievably good game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm at the part (4-1, I think) where a gate has come down between me and Ashley, and 2 hooded Illumanados (sp?) have come out in some sort of tunneling machine? I have no rifle bullets and can't find any in the small room I'm trapped in, so can't snipe

I have a rl, but it doesn't appear to have any effect, and all other weapons are useless. I thought I could loop back around (there's a locked door on one wall), but nothing doing.

This is just after Salazar makes the roof come down.

I desperately need some help without spoilers, if poss.

corblimey wrote:
    I'm at the part (4-1, I think) where a gate has come down between me and Ashley, and 2 hooded Illumanados (sp?) have come out in some sort of tunneling machine? I have no rifle bullets and can't find any in the small room I'm trapped in, so can't snipe

I have a rl, but it doesn't appear to have any effect, and all other weapons are useless. I thought I could loop back around (there's a locked door on one wall), but nothing doing.

This is just after Salazar makes the roof come down.

I desperately need some help without spoilers, if poss.
    it should be possible to do this without rifle bullets... the handgun or smg would be your best bet.
    just try aiming at the above left and right of the drill...

can't say i've tried it with anything other than the rifle though :o

Yeah, I've been shooting widely in that general direction, but no satisfying screams yet. I guess I'll keep trying...

• Advertisement

There are rifle bullets in that room. In one the the boxes to the left I think. I always run out of rifle ammo at that point too. Stupid bad luck :mad:.

I dunno, I think ammo placement might be random. I finally got them with a well placed rocket. Biggest waste of a rocket ever, but it's
    the free launcher anyway, so I didn't waste any money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Hehe, I saved that launcher for something much worse :D

Well I've done the game four times in total and three of the four times I got to that bit with no rifle ammo and always found some in the same box. Maybe I'm just lucky :D

Weird. I ran around breaking boxes before AND after saving Ashley, and no rifle bullets. A lot of handgun ammo, for some reason :)

Smellyirishman, I assume by "much worse" you mean
    the dude who killed Luis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

HeHe, I used my magnum for him.
    I used my launcher on the twins, you will know them when you see them :D

They are easy enough to take down , but I had been carrying the launcher around for so long I just wanted to shoot it!

due to work and over sleeping i'm getting through this rather slowly. i've just gotten onto disc 2, how long more is left after that? took me about 9 hours to do disc 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not much more. Second disc was shorter than the first. Maybe a little more than half as long.

i'd say the second disc was about a third of the length of the first disc... you're making good time, think i was on about 11 hours at that stage :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I cleared the whole game in 14 hours on normal second disk is quite short tbh only 3-5 hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Still not finished this yet. Think I'm almost there as im on 5-3. I pity the people who have to make a third person survival horror after experiencing this.. talk about a roller coaster ride of a game.
    Chapter 5-2 was class, its the one where you have to run from cage to cage before they drop and kill the big massive freaky monster that looked like something out of doom 3 (and almost as good looking as something out of D3 too). Then the fight with Krauser.. brilliant stuff! One of those lame "Find teh pieces of teh jigsaw and open teh door!1" puzzles tied into a boss fight was a good idea.

I need some help with 5-1, if anyone has some time.
    That spikey mummy thing is driving me nuts. flash nades, incendiaries, every single bullet I have has been driven into him and he just keeps regrowing his parts. I read Luis' thing about having to kill the nasty 'inside', but I don't know how to see what I'm meant to shoot. Is there something I need to get or do to let me see "inside"?

You have to:
    Use the infra-red scope for the sniper rifle. This will let you see the plagas inside the thing's body, which you have to shoot individually. You can find it in the frozen room with the regenerators hanging from the ceiling. You really should've gone there ages ago if you're fighting the spikey bastard now. Otheriwse just try blasting at it in multiple places using a high-powered magnum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can't kill them until you get the infrared scope for the rifle. If you use it you can see the leeches and shoot them.

Creature wrote:
    You have to:
    You can find it in the frozen room with the regenerators hanging from the ceiling.
    Are you talking about the fridge that I used the keycard on? (and then changed the keycard in there so that it worked on the garbage disposal place) Doesn't that mean I can't get back in there (as that mummy thing is still hanging around and I don't wanna go back if I don't have to). Any chance Mr Merchant sells it?

corblimey wrote:
    Are you talking about the fridge that I used the keycard on? (and then changed the keycard in there so that it worked on the garbage disposal place) Doesn't that mean I can't get back in there (as that mummy thing is still hanging around and I don't wanna go back if I don't have to). Any chance Mr Merchant sells it?
    Yeah thats it. You have to turn off the cryo and get the scope from the cabinet. I think you can go back. And no, the merchant doesn't sell it so you're gonna have to face the regenerator :p.

Luckily, I had a save game from just before that whole area, so I just loaded it up and got the scope this time.

Game Over. Whew. :D

so now that everybody (or almost everybody) has it finished, what stats did everyone get?

took me 13 hours and 1 minute, 67% accuracy, saved 47 times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I still haven't finished it :(

I'm up on 11hrs at about 90% accuracy and nearing the end of 4-3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

jaysus everyone here with 11 and 12 hours i think i went to 18+

/goes to convince self esteem not to jump off the roof

Advertisement