Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 4 is out 2mo right?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had 19+ but I like to explore everywhere in games and take my time. At least thats what I say to comfort myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I'm on 22 myself...and I've just killed the two bosses in the same chapter..you know the ones.

I have been wandering around a lot just admiring the graphics and well, sometimes been a bit inebriated and wowed more by the graphics than normal.
    Tend to end up staring at chandaliers and the likes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

just beat it, so awesome

the last resi evil i played was on the playstation one years and years ago, and i hated it.
    how do the other versions the cube fare? i've loved this so am tempted to go back and get them, but not if they are a serious step back in quality, particularly control wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

Just finished it there and all i can say is wat a game and then thing i liked about it so much is that the kept it so much like the original games while changin it too
    like when fighting bosses they had the age old tried and tested thing of elevators on time lock which cant be done until the boss is dead,also the person throwin down the rocket launcher.Did anybody else find saddler dissappointing or is it just me

anyways i finished with 16 hrs/89% accuracy/35 saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Brock wrote:
    Did anybody else find saddler dissappointing or is it just me
    Yup, me too.

the corpo wrote:
    how do the other versions the cube fare?
    Remake is brilliant. The same great plot line as the original except far superior graphics. RE0 is a bit boring plot wise but still great visuals. Both games retain the old school RE style controls.

So am I the only one who took ages to finish with 25 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well man im on chapter 5-3 which i assume is very near the end and ive been playin 20hours. i took my time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Finished last week - best RE ever :D. Have played through the Ada sub-game & some of the mercenaries mini-game, but want to go back and do a replay.

Question: I can either start in 'pro' with no guns etc, or do a 'replay' with all the guns etc I just finished with. If I replay will it be harder, ie pro mode? Or do I have to finish it in pro mode from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Lobo, try some of these please ["spoiler"]["/spoiler"]

Without the "s, then place the mini game, and aftermath features into them. I ain't too bothered but some might be

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm on my second play through at the moment.

I just got the Chicago Typewriter. It's probably a little bit too powerfull though. One concentrated burst of fire from the thing was enough to take out Salazar. I think I'll sell it, as the game just isn't any fun with the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Nothing there needs spoilerising, it's the names of the modes you unlock once you finish the game.
    So anyone know if a replay is in normal or pro difficulty level?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Cool OK. I didn't know there was an Ada sub game though. Nor did I know that I could start the game again with the weapons I have built up from before.

Like I said, it doesn't bother me because I am in the last chapter or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

jaysus everyone here with 11 and 12 hours i think i went to 18+

/goes to convince self esteem not to jump off the roof
    Oh, I took close to 25 hours, but I did spend an entire day with it paused while I watched crap tv. Y'see the remote was waaaay over there....

Should I join you on the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

LoBo wrote:
    Nothing there needs spoilerising, it's the names of the modes you unlock once you finish the game.
    So anyone know if a replay is in normal or pro difficulty level?

You get to save your game after beating it. Loading it up lets you start the game again with all the equipment you finished the game with at the difficulty you played the game at.

(so to get a pro replay with all weapons you would have to beat the game in pro first from scratch afaik)

Once you beat the game you also get the choice of using the special costume when starting the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

26 hours
    70% Accuracy
    Fvcking class game

Anyone else find the mercenaries sub-game hard as nails? Thanks to that, I now know id be buggered if a zombie invasion occured. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Hit ratio: 65%
    Enemies Killed: 911
    Number of times killed: 55 :rolleyes: er...
    Clear Time: 21'35"58

Fantastic game; as close to gaming perfection as I have yet come. I thought
    Sadller was a bit easy (and crap) though; only one form and a bit of a mess of a boss (Especially after all the amazing bosses before)

Played Assignment Ada last night and am going to try the mercenaries minigame tonight; if its anything like the mercenaries part of nemisis then I'll be dead in seconds.
    I have played all the main resi games but could not for the life of me remeber who that military guy with the red beret was? one of the umbrella troops? I also like that finally in a resi game you've to fight an opponent who also uses human weapons

I've such an empty feeling where resi used to be though :( roll on Zelda! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i think that guy is a new character, from leons recent history with the secret service or whoever they are. There is a bit in a cut scene about it. Could be wrong though, there were all those extra characters in Resi 2 that i never could get to (will now though, just picked it up for the cube)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. He's a new character as far as I can tell.

I've played RE 0, 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica and the RE:make and he's not in any of them.

Never played the FPS games though.

Advertisement