Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driv3r pc?

Options
  • 17-03-2005 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Car crash mentality . it cant be as bad on PC , i mean they could have worked on it a bit more?

Why do i want this game?

Out in 2 weeks ot thereabouts.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There would be a huge amount of work needed to turn this into a playable game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There would be a huge amount of work needed to turn this into a game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Driver3 was the worst game I think I've ever played........ probably due to all the hype and expectation over it.
    I brought it back after 2 days I was so miffed.
    Not a patch on any of the GTA series...... even the original!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Ah pants. I was sort of thinking about buying it on the Xbox...Guess I should probably avoid it then?

• Advertisement

Shad0r wrote:
    Ah pants. I was sort of thinking about buying it on the Xbox...Guess I should probably avoid it then?

Well, I had it on the Ps2.... I doubt even great graphics will improve it.
    It really was awful.
    Have you got GTA SA (or Vice City)? Driver triies to hard to try to take them on.
    Spend you hard earned money on some other title ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

was sort of thinking about buying it on the Xbox

Stay away. 3 or 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I haven't met anyone who's liked this game.
    check out http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/driv3r for more feedback
    (www.metacritic.com is a great review site for books/cds/films and games).

Somehow... I think the reviewer was paid oodles of dosh from Atari and was junked up..... the Times Online have it 100%, but as you'll see, it's mostly below the 55 mark from others.
    And look at all those lovely red reviews, bashing the hell out of it.. and lots of annoyed user reviews at the bottom.
    Never a good sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

/rant I'd actually managed to forget all about it until seeing this thread but now I can't get this steaming pile of pigsh*t out of my mind. I was never so let down by a game. It's filth. And the PC version will be filth aswell. Nothing in it works properly, it has worse AI than space invaders, the maps are pigshi*t, the cars are pigsh*t, the story is pigsh*t, the missions are pigsh*t, the whole sorry mess of a game is f*cking pigsh*t of the highest order. And I bought it. F*ck atari, f*ck reflections, f*ck everybody involved in this hideous monstrosity. /endrant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Played it the other day and it is full of bugs. The graphics look 5 years old. 64% is a bit to high a score IMO for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

whiskeyman wrote:
    I haven't met anyone who's liked this game.
    check out http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/driv3r for more feedback
    (www.metacritic.com is a great review site for books/cds/films and games).

Somehow... I think the reviewer was paid oodles of dosh from Atari and was junked up..... the Times Online have it 100%, but as you'll see, it's mostly below the 55 mark from others.
    And look at all those lovely red reviews, bashing the hell out of it.. and lots of annoyed user reviews at the bottom.
    Never a good sign!
    it got an edge 30

must be incredible lol

Advertisement