Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords ireland feedback

Options
  • 17-03-2005 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

looking for feedback on coolock halfords. Do you use us? what do you need? are you in a club or group? price comparisons? Does your club want to have a show day at store? Club discount? let me know we will welcome all positive feedback
    halman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

This will probably be seen as Pimping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It is pimping. As I said in this thread, I dont have a problem if an employee wants some feedback while pimping his place of work if its made clear as day that whats happening.

halman, please give us some feedback of your own. Are you going to take on board any observations made by shoppers and if you can give a group discount of what % might it be? What counts as a group buy?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 halman

Looking for guys and gals in any group clubs MG, modified etc. with their views to see what we can do for them, trying to pull motor folks together on this to see if we can get them better service and value or exposure for club members even sponsorship for events. We have had some contact in store but want to widen this to the motor community in Ireland. We are new here and its not generally known we are here.

Also will discuss possible discounts with larger clubs on individual basis if they contact me my aim is to look at each case individually. Will I take on board feedback, yes. As a starting point discount for clubs with verifiable memberships of 10+ could start at a general 5% We want to get involved with the community|

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I was looking at a set of Sony XS-692N speakers in Halfords for €75....yet a few doors down the road in Argos (Blanch) I noticed them for €50! Why is this? I thought Halfords were meant to be competitively priced :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

we are competative and will match any price of retailers in Ireland. With 11,000 lines it is difficult to check all comoetitors every day, this is where you come in. Thanks for input that is exactly what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

halman wrote:
    we are competative and will match any price of retailers in Ireland. With 11,000 lines it is difficult to check all comoetitors every day, this is where you come in. Thanks for input that is exactly what I am looking for.

Think prices are ok-ish compared to similar large stores (the now defunct Motorstore) - most people who are serious about buying ICE etc will have a bit of cop-on and source stuff over the web where its far cheaper...

Found the staff to be an ignorant bunch of ****ers to be honest - mainly the ones who've been shipped in from the UK, the Irish ones seem ok, but just don't have a clue... I live a minute from the Blanch branch - will be buying my sponges there and thats about it - they pissed me off in their first week , see http://www.jspeed.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5549

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I live in Ireland and I am trying to establish relationships accept your point but after 8 years living here I am myself feeling ripped off, maybe we can rearrange the corporate attitude. Yes I work for them but are they The corporate fully aware of how to get it right. thanks for feedback. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

All staff are Irish or irish resident no one is imported from the UK, Just yhought I would get that one out of the way. If you want to see imports go to Dixons or PC World.
    read feedback fair point you want paint you should get paint thanks for contributing.

Like the idea of our own forum will put it forward everyone likes to have a say. again thanks for input

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

halman wrote:
    All staff are Irish or irish resident no one is imported from the UK, Just yhought I would get that one out of the way. If you want to see imports go to Dixons or PC World.
    read feedback fair point you want paint you should get paint thanks for contributing.

Well I presume they'd be Irish resident, even if they came over from the UK - would be a bit of a commute otherwise... :confused:

To be honest, I didn't expect them to be able to mix the paint, would rather to have been spared the bull**** though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

I priced an air filter for my 1984 Merc 200T at €39.50 in Halfords and can get it elsewhere for about €18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Centari

Having used the Halfords store in Brighton, UK when I visit there I decided to spin over to the new store in Liffey Valley.

Absolutely useless, I wanted a distributor cap, rotor arm and the nice paint touch up kit they do for my Rover 200.

No distributor cap or rotor arm in stock and despite having my car's paint code the staff hadn't a clue how to cross-reference this to the 3 similar Green paint kits they had in stock!!

Rather dissapointed.....

thanks for info we will match prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭padraigcarroll

Halfords!

A chance for a major UK retailer to come into Ireland and not match the competition's prices but do a lot better and offer cheaper pricing and a wider range of products.

why on earth would I or anyone want to buy from a uk company thats usually more expensive than Irish co's?
    why if they were only willing to match irish companies prices would i give the uk company my money?

Halfords needs a rethink if you ask me.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Do Halfords supply reg plates ?

Can you supply pressed classic plates (as pic below) ?

If so, cost of same ?

Have not forgotten you checking to see if we can get will contact you asap
    in house are new type but will try and source and give prices from supp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Ok.

What type of new style plates do you sell ?
    pressed (i.e. embossed) plates ?
    Cost per pair ?

Re Classic Plates
    Plates like the one in my pic above (i.e. large 3/8 digits) are somewhat difficult to source at the moment.
    Only 'small digit' embossed plates (as on military vehicles) or 'French style' plates (which fall apart after a few years) are readily available to classic owners - and such plates look out of place on most classic vehicles.

So if you can supply large digit plates (at a sensible price!) - and advertise same - you will be onto a winner, IMHO.

• Advertisement

Can get special order in black on silver. 38.99 euro each can do better price on quantity. pressed plates for Classics. Will do 15% off for you any way. Price V.A.T. incl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Here's a bit of feedback - I suggest that Halfords check the price of tools in other shops. Halfords Blanchardstown is right beside McQuillan's Tools. McQuillan's is not renowned for being a cheap shop but when I was getting some spanners the other day they were cheaper in McQuillan's. I believe I paid ~5:50 for a Draper brand spanner, a similar quality spanner in Halfords was ~7:50.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

I had a look in Liffey Valley and thought it was a complete rip-off. I have seen Halford catalogues for the English stores and the Irish prices were nothing like the English. Obviously Halfords are just here to screw the Irish market for as much as they can get away with, rather than bring new competition and value to the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

I had a look at http://www.halfords.ie Why are all the prices in sterling. ANd all the stereos are last yrs models, not updated it seems. And generally seem pricier than other places.

Ye would wanna get the prices down a good bit below the Irish shops otherwise why would we go to an English set-up?????
    English clutter :rolleyes:

dont forget our beloved VAT rate 21% UK 17% site is uk at moment and is being converted to Euro :D

Just a note if you have any queries on product please use private message so I dont post on main board for replies :D . Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Halman,

I thinking of heading out with my brother tomorrow for a look -
    any chance you can organise me a discount?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Threads merged.

Don't start another thread halman. I'm wondering why this thread is here at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay from now on use PMs to contact halman thankyou. Halman I'm going to put your boards profile link in this sticky.

Mike.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement