Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting Online in NYC?

• 17-03-2005 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

i'm going to New York soon and for the first time i'm thinkin about bringing my laptop.Basically i'm wondering how easy it is to get online in hotel rooms with a dataport and what kind of prices do they charge.I'm thinkin about using Skype to ring home it would save alot of the costs of phonecalls. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Well depends on what your laptop has I guess. Do you have a ethernet card or a wireless card? Also you're probably best off ringing your hotel and asking them what they charge. Failing that I know that Starbucks have a wireless lan in most of their cafes maybe go and find out how much they charge. Although you wouldn't have much privacy for your calls sitting in a busy cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Thorbar wrote:
    Well depends on what your laptop has I guess. Do you have a ethernet card or a wireless card? Also you're probably best off ringing your hotel and asking them what they charge. Failing that I know that Starbucks have a wireless lan in most of their cafes maybe go and find out how much they charge. Although you wouldn't have much privacy for your calls sitting in a busy cafe.

I have an Ethernet and a wireless card. Probably best ring the hotel and ask them what they charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Yeah and if they're charging a lot then I'd suggest having a look for a few net cafes near your hotel which you could use instead. I'd be very surprised if the hotel is charging a lot tho.

Advertisement