Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electoral Reform survey for my Research paper

Options
  • 17-03-2005 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am a college student at Oakland University, and I am writing a reasearch paper on electoral refom. I am conducting a survey, and would apperciate it if you take this survey. Thank you!

Electoral Reform

Demographic Information:
    Sex: Male or Female (Choose One)
    Education Level: High School Student, High School Graduate, College Student or College Graduate (Choose One)
    Political Ideology: 1 2 3 4 5 (Rate yourself one to five on your political views; one being liberal, and five being conservative.)
    Survey Questions:
    1) Did you vote in the past presidential Election? (Yes or No)
    2) In the 2000 presidential election, did the Electoral College fail the American people? (Yes or No) Why?
    3) Do you believe the Electoral College is a fair and adequate way to elect the President? (Yes or No) If No, Why?
    4) The president should be elected by the winner of the popular vote and not the winner of the Electoral College. (Agree or Disagree)
    5) A direct election is more democratic than the current electoral system? (Agree or Disagree)
    6) The Electoral College should be changed or removed from the election process. (Agree or Disagree) Why?
    7) A direct election would encourage more people to vote. (Yes, No or Maybe)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm assuming that in order to avoid skewed data (especially in question 1) that you might like this survey restricted to US residents/voters/citizens/whatever(ignoring that your survey is participant chosen so that it won't have much value to your but that's your own business). This site isn't US-based, though we've a small number of US citizens who post here occasionally or regularly.

Also you didn't provide any address for people to send their answers to.

With that in mind, while I've some sympathy for facilitating research done by students or anyone else with nothing tangiable to gain, thread locked. If you've got any views on this (in other words, given that it's your first post on this site, if you ever come back) or owt to add, feel free to drop me a PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement