Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHTML and Opera

Options
  • 21-04-2001 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

I have a page which will not render correctly in Opera. It uses a div tag and javascript to alter the insides of the div tag.

In ie when the page is opened or events happen everything goes smoothly enough but in Opera nothing gets displayed (except the part in the body). I think it's due to the div1.innerHTML reference as the script works fine for the rest (tested it with alerts) and every line seems to run properly but when it comes to the line

div1.innerHTML = table;

nothing happens in Opera but in ie it works perfectly any help would be muchos appreciated, especially since Opera is now my favourite browser.

anyways ta

Baz_

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible in Opera.

As an example... If you look at www.encom.ie (yes- the company I work for wrote it), you'll see that yes - it renders quite nicely in Opera, but the pop-up div's on the left don't appear at all in that browser, whereas they do in Netscape and IE. Unfortunately, this renders the site somewhat unusable in Opera as its those div's that contain all the links to the product categories.

Some sort of fallback workaround would be ideal - so that at least something happens that preserves the functionality of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

oops... correction... on the Encom site mentioned above, you can click "Shop Online" and the functionality of the site is preserved in Opera... phew smile.gif

Advertisement