Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallujah

Options
  • 17-03-2005 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/6890A8DA-AF79-45AD-BB4F-42C060978A07.htm

I find in interesting that Annan and the UN in general seem to be very interested of late in getting Syria to pull out of the Lebanon (which of course it should) but seems to have gone very quiet on what is happening inside Iraq.
    Surely if there is to be any sense of fair play in world affairs then all countries should be expected to play by the same rules and when not doing so be called to account.
    I must admit I never had great faith in the UN but as time goes by what little faith I did have in it is gradually going.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Syria isnt the most powerful nation in the world...america is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

There never was or ever will be any sort of 'fair play' in world affairs - the only countries that truly desire 'fair play' are those who would benefit from the same. Some people / nations talk the talk, but when push comes to shove, it defies belief that they would wholeheartedly and unreservedly walk the walk. To do so would be to ignore / suppress the healthy self-interest that is programmed* into each one of us by our DNA.

*I know this is not the best word to describe how our DNA affects our behavior, please don't jump down my throat!

Advertisement