Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6610 question

Options
  • 18-03-2005 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

I have an old 6610 here and ive just been messing with it and my t630, ie trying to send a ringtone/pic from the t630 to the 6610 but all im getting is connection failed, ive seen similar things happen to nokias when trying to transfer through infra red, am i right in thinking that the 6610 isnt capable of recieving data from another phone and that it is only capable of transfering from a computer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

I don't think the T630 has infra-red ! - *Edit*no sorry it does ! *Edit*

And I transfered files from a SE K500i to a Nokia 3200 no problem.

Connectivity
    • Sync ML
    • Infrared port
    • GPRS
    • High-Speed Data
    • USB support
    • RS232 cable support
    • Synchronisation Apple®
    • Synchronisation PC
    • Bluetooth™ wireless technology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

the t630 has infra red and bluetooth, ive sent data to a 3200 without any problems, its the 6610 that is the problem, the other nokia which i had the same problem was a 7210

edit/ just seen you edited your post lol

lol.

You can test the infra-red on a phone turning it on then looking at it trough a digital camera.

Check that.

ive sent data to it though a mates laptop which had infra red, its just wen i try and connect to another phone

what you mean you can check it by looking through a digital camera

kinkstr wrote:
    what you mean you can check it by looking through a digital camera

If you activate the infra-red on a mobile phone and look at the infra-red port trough a digital camera screen you'll see a white flashing light, that means it's working !

It's the same with a TV remote control. Just point it at the camera and press a button on the remote ;)

• Advertisement

ive just tried that with my t630 and the 6610 and nothing happened, where did you get this information from, i demand answers

kinkstr wrote:
    ive just tried that with my t630 and the 6610 and nothing happened, where did you get this information from, i demand answers

What did you use to do the test ? ie did you use a digital camera ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Even look at it through a phone camera!
    Any digital camera picks up an IR signal as a white light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Some nokias cant recieve files.But you can send bus cards via irda.I dont think the 6610 is compatible with transfering via irda to another mobile.Just like the 6100,7210 etc,

Nokia annoyingly seemed to disable the sending & receiving of multimedia type items, such as tones, pictures etc between phones, so as to boost the MMS market for providers!

There are a few exceptions. If you have a laptop or PC with IR and Data Suite you can use it, or I found before that they will transmit to a PDA or receive from one?

• Advertisement

I had a feeling thats what was going on, thanx for all the info guys

No problems
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

is it not that the 7210 can send pictures to other 7210's only? and like wise for the 6100? and 6610?

No the "send"via irda is disabled for all types of files bar bus cards.

how about the 6610i?

im taking a guess but id say the 6610i suffers from the same annoying problem

Not too sure,Only one way to find out.

whats that then?

find someone with a 6610i and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

lol.

You can test the infra-red on a phone turning it on then looking at it trough a digital camera.

Check that.

That is by far the coolest thing I am going to learn this week!
    Why was I not informed sooner?

• Advertisement
Advertisement