Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS 42PF9946 42" W/S

Options
  • 18-03-2005 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

PHILIPS 42PF9946 42" W/S

I am looking to purchase a 37" or 42" flat screen TV. I have already got a 20" lcd in my Bedroom, but now have the money for a PHILIPS 42PF9946 42" W/S.

I can get it brand spanking new for €2160 (because of tax etc) and that is around the price I would want to spend on a plasma/lcd

My question and advice is:

1. This IS a good price isn't it, or am I wasting it on a plasma?
    2. I have had 3 other Philips TV's and I have never had trouble, but are they still a good brand in today's world?
    3. Am I mad to go for a Plasma and should wait for the LCD's to come into my price range?

Should I forget the Plasma/LCD and continue with my projector (which is excellent by the way and only used 20 times so far and I have 2 replacement bulbs already bought for backup):
    http://www.epinions.com/pr-Hewlett_Packard_HP_Digital_Projector_xb31_Multimedia_Projector/display_~full_specs

?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I have a projector I can sell you for a reasonable price

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

go have a look in Arnotts they have the whole Phillips range but they are not a patch on Panasonic plasma screens they are 10 times better in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Thanks TCP/IP

Fitgeme:
    Will offer you 374 Euros

........will that keep you quiet?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The 9946 is a bit out os date now and the Philips 9966 is there latest plasma. Personally i would wait until the summer as Philips are bringing out a more advanced LCD range - even better than the current 9986 - apparently the prices will be lower as well

Hyzepher

Thanks for that Hyzepher,

The kind of advice I was looking for instead of smart comments.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Accpeted when can you collect or I will post

Sure I know where you live, I can come right on over

Advertisement