Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weezer -confirmed - June 7th

• 18-03-2005 3:17pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey hey hey,
    Weezer are coming. Just hope it isn't in the point or the RDS...

http://www.weezer.com/tour/index.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Hm.

Who's the support on the tour?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Your guess is as good as mine....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats the best fúcking news ive heard in the last 5 years.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

What happened 5 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes i can't wait.

screw the leaving cert.!!!

best news since december (since jimmy eat world was announced)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Nice One!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

YAY! This oughta be good!

should be good.

i hope they play a lot from blue and pinkerton, and less from green and mala****e.

the support will be Matt Sharp solo acoustic*

*not true but i still hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm so stoked...:)

I'd say there's going to be a good bit from Make Believe, which could be a good or a bad thing... I'd be happy to see them get up there and play almost every song from Pinkerton tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

YAYYYY!!!! Score. Been waiting for this for ages. :) I'd like to hear some stuff from the Green album, I thought it kicked ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

hoorah for weezer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just heard the new single, 'Beverly Hills'.. not amazing but definantly different!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dregin wrote:
    Hey hey hey,
    Weezer are coming. Just hope it isn't in the point or the RDS...

http://www.weezer.com/tour/index.html

cool!
    I doubt it'll be point or rds...
    Probably Ambassador or Olympia.

basquille wrote:
    Just heard the new single, 'Beverly Hills'.. not amazing but definantly different!
    i just heard it too,
    meh, it's catchy but i think he voice is too flat, there's no emotion in his singing anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Thats brilliant news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've no money though....but yay!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

Cremo wrote:
    should be good.

i hope they play a lot from blue and pinkerton, and less from green and mala****e.

the support will be Matt Sharp solo acoustic*

*not true but i still hope

saw them in london in 01 and they only played one song from pinkerton, rivers seems to have something against the album so it's unlikely he'll play much off it unfortunately.

yeh he hates it, well i wouldn't really say it like that but he poured his life and soul into that record and when it flopped upon release he was probably devastated. like anyone would be to be honest.

i was looking at some of the more recent weezer setlists (you have to go back to 2002) and there were something like the make up of this

blue: 6
    pink: 6
    green: 2
    mala: 3

i'd be happy with that, if they don't play any from maladroit and substitute it with make believe

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

About f*************** ********* ********'N time!

*goes away humming 'My Name is Jonas' with stoopid ass grin on face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

that makes me so happy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I e-mailed someone in MCD and they said that there's no venue or date for the ticket sales confirmed yet...

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

• Advertisement

stargal wrote:
    I e-mailed someone in MCD and they said that there's no venue or date for the ticket sales confirmed yet...

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!
    yup there's still no date it is likely to be the ambassador or the olympia though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The olympia would be amazing, seen the prodigy there and its a great venue. Id prefer a small venue, but i think they could fill the point.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yes I agree, my living room is an excellent location

Cremo wrote:
    yup there's still no date it is likely to be the ambassador or the olympia though
    Then rumour currently doing the rounds it that it'll be....

wait for it...

... VICAR STREET!!! :D

I really doubt this is true... did anyone hear of a confirmed venue?

i also heard that it could be vicar street. i dunno though what's the capacity of vicar street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Depends if it's MCD or Aiken doing the promoting.

If you need a good laugh check the venue on this:

http://www.albumfive.com/tour.php

OH Dear God!!

I heard Eamonn Doran's mentioned alright.. but i presumed that was for an after-party or something! For fecks sake!

EDIT: According to the Weezer Bulletin Board at the official website, the AlbumFive venue is wrong. Started off as a joke! But i guess we'll see when the official announcement comes through!

EDIT 2: A mate of mine e-mailed the guy who run's that AlbumFive.com site a couple of days back asking him where he got that venue from. He replied that he e-mailed Aiken Promotions and that's what they replied with.

I still reckon the after-show party will be there with the gig in Vicar Street

tbh i don't give a hoot where it is, as long as it's in dublin, or bray for a matter of a fact.

anywhere that's not the pale will be a bad idea (except bray of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

hope its not in a smallish place like vicar st,if it is the demand for tickets is gonna be so much higher than the capacity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I suppose you'd prefer it in the point?

Next to ANYWHERE in Bray of course, Vicar St would be an excellent venue for this gig.

[rant]
    I seriously think Weezer have under-estimated their fan base in Ireland though.

I mean they'd definantly sell out the Olympia or the Ambassador. They'd probably even be close to selling out The Point. So why Vicar Street? Terrible venue for any band, in my opinion!

I do like Vicar Street. It's not a bad venue for simple acoustic acts / comedians but not for bands of this magnitude!
    [/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I remember back in the olden days of boards there was a petition doing the rounds to bring weezer to Ireland.

I guess it worked, hehe.

i hate for weezer to play the point, the point is such a horrible venue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think Vicar Street would be great provided I managed to get a ticket! Any of Olympia, Ambassador, Vicar St as long as I've a ticket!

I just can't wait, they better get a move on and announce where soon!

• Advertisement

Mate of mine e-mailed Aiken Promotions regarding the venue.. and they said nothing is confirmed yet.. but keep an eye on VicarStreet.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

basquille wrote:
    [rant]
    I mean they'd definantly sell out the Olympia or the Ambassador. They'd probably even be close to selling out The Point. So why Vicar Street? Terrible venue for any band, in my opinion!

What? Vicar Street is so much better than either the Ambassador or the Olympia. It's not even that much smaller, yet besides, the smaller the better, and the sound is usually fantastic. It's great when bands like this makes it to Vicar Street, even though my chances of actually going to this gig and liking the new album are slim.

And no, they'd never fill the Point to any successful degree.

I don't know why people dislike Maladroit, I think it's a class album. Not as good as Pinkerton or Blue but great anyway.

it's not that it's not good, it's just it's terrible when it's compared to the last work, and lets face it everyone compares albums to albums.

also when Rivers starting writing the green album and later on maladroit he had no connections with the songs the lyrics meant nothing to him.

the worst thing to ever happen to weezer was matt sharp leaving, he was Rivers' main man and if he didn't like what was happening he'd say it.

Have to agree on Matt Sharp being the man, his solo stuff's alright too but not brilliant. What I miss most abot Matt in Weezer is the backing vocals, Scott's a good bassist but no voice!

Yeah I'd hold that Maladroit's a much better album than Green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

I prefare Matt also. His solo stuff, and the stuff with The Rentals is actually quite good. Very Pinkerton-ish.
    Aiken promotions have confirmed that Weezer are booked for June 7th, so I presume that its either Vicar Street or The RDS. My money is on Vicar Street. But the RDS would be cool. Unlikely, but cool :)

The Pinkerstons are also playing after the gig in Eamonn Dorans.. thats what the mix up is

The RDS (outdoor) is a worse venue than the point. The sound has always been terrible when I've been at gigs there. Do they have an indoor venue there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

It might have something to do with this:

http://www.budrising.ie/

Dont know how many of you guys made it to any of these shows last year, but they were all in small venues and they were all tremendous! It might have something to do with the delay in announcing where they are playing too!

And theres no way Weezer could fill the Point. Not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

i'd say i'd sell my soul to louis walsh...any chance there might be a presale of tickets for fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Is the venue confirmed yet and are tickets on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

venue not officially announced yet, buts gonna be part of the Bud Rising Festival.
    Vicar Street, i reckon

I dont know. Last year, Budrising put Ian Brown in the Village, The Charlatans in Whelans, Primal Scream in the RedBox and Kings of Leon in Temple Bar Music Centre! It might not be somewhere as big as Vicar St!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

The Venue is going to be Vicar Street, Aiken are afraid they won't sell the tickets.
    Good Venue not a great capacity.

Well if aiken are so scared of not selling tickets, does that not mean they could potentially move it to a smaller venue?! How are you so sure its going to be vicar street?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well if aiken are so scared of not selling tickets, does that not mean they could potentially move it to a smaller venue?! How are you so sure its going to be vicar street?!

I think s/he was saying that in relation to the RDS.

I'd be putting my money on Vicar Street too, since this is part of a tour and Weezer have never played a show here. Vicar Street is small enough though, the London Brixton Academy is four times the capacity and they're playing two nights at that venue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement