Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Newbie insurance question - minimum time?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if I go onto a Quinn Direct policy is there a minimum amount of time I have to stay with them?
    Thanks!
    M
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

All insurance policies are for a year, it usually is possible to cancel it during that period, how much of the premium you get back depends on the insurer's policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

John R wrote:
    All insurance policies are for a year, it usually is possible to cancel it during that period, how much of the premium you get back depends on the insurer's policies.

Also, if you leave within the year you will not get the no claim certificate, so even if you get a cheaper quote in the meantime it is probably best to stay for the year.

I presume you can get temporary cover on another car for a shorter period of time though - I know most people have 3rd party on any other insured car, but if you want fully comp you probably have to get specifically insured on the car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Alsao if you cancel a policy (even a day before it runs out) you will not get the no-claims bonus.
    Many insurers will charge an admin fee if you cancel the policy prematurely so you may not get all of the balance back.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

With Quinn Direct at least, if you're paying monthly by SO, simply send a letter declaring your wish to cancel the policy, along with your insurance disc and cert, and you won't be charged for any more months.

Cancel the standing order though just be safe.

Advertisement