Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS question

Options
  • 16-05-2001 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Enygma:
    Anyone know how to apply a style to the button element of an input type="file"?
    Without altering the textfield that is.

Thanks
    </font>

Don't know if this is actually possible at all- have tried to do so with zero results thus far. I'd be interested to hear it if there is a solution, but I'm afraid I don't believe there currently is.

Bard
    "If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Found this on some list somewhere. The original code is commented out I was trying to use an image instead of the button but I still could get NS to execute the click() method.

Ah well.

Lucky for me I only need it for an admin section on a site, we can tell em to use explorer :P
    &lt;form&gt;

&lt;input type=file id="browsebox"&gt;
    &lt;input type=text readonly id="stringbox"&gt;
    &lt;a href="#" onClick="browsebox.click(); stringbox.value=browsebox.value"&gt;&lt;img src="browse.gif" border="0"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
    &lt;!--
    &lt;button style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold;
        background-color: #d7deea;
        border-color: #d7deea; 
        border-style: groove; 
        cursor: hand; " onclick="browsebox.click();stringbox.value=browsebox.value"&gt;
    Browse&lt;/button&gt;
    --&gt;
    &lt;/form&gt;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Anyone know how to apply a style to the button element of an input type="file"?
    Without altering the textfield that is.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Enygma:

Lucky for me I only need it for an admin section on a site, we can tell em to use explorer :P
    </font>

Ditto.

about the admin section and making them use IE5, that is wink.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

Advertisement