Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola v180

Options
  • 18-03-2005 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Just seen you can buy this from o2 online for 79 euro's with 80 euro free credit and a holiday voucher, anyone have one of these or know if there any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

At that price?
    They are paying YOU a euro to take it AND giving you a holiday voucher.
    Can't be too bad!!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i know, thats what i thought, i dont need a new phone but at that price i shouldnt stare at the gift horse, its a sexy lookin lil phone to, my only concern is i had a v300 a while ago(which i loved) but broke after 2 weeks.

well in fairness, all motorolas have a 12 month warranty, so that shouldnt really be a problem.

do you want me to buy one wolfman

Ha ha
    NO! I think it would be a really bad move for you!!!

LOL......
    Just answering your questions. Sorry for giving an opinion! I mean as you said yourself, ..... "i dont need a new phone but at that price i shouldnt stare at the gift horse" and I was just agreeing with you

• Advertisement

i think ill get one lol, gonna check some reviews on it first, and if anyone reading this has one please let me know
    Cheers
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Basically you get what you pay for. If they start off selling the phone at that price, I wouldn't expect much. It's probably a cheap and cheerful phone, that's about it. Motorola aren't that popular with a lot of people. But if you need a new phone, you haven't really got much to lose have you?

Ive just seen on the 02 website they have a Motorola v220, for €99, anyone know if this is any good?
    and has anyone bought from the o2 online shop and if so were there any hiccups, and how long did delivery take
    Cheers

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

sister got one for 99 euro
    looks very cheap looking and its soo light.
    its slim and really a girls fone to be honest.
    but for 79 and a hol voucher and the credit etc. well thats dandy.lol
    i dont think the sister got any extras like that just the credit ten euro a month

i know most motorolas vibrate for a few seconds before they ring, is this the case with the v180 and or v220

• Advertisement

random_ task is the best man for that question. i think he has one.
    he unlocked my sisters, and said he had a few of them and was testing them out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Hi kinkstr,

I did have 5/6 V180's today but I was just unlocking them so never got a chance to test them :( . If I get anymore to unlock tomorrow I'll see if they vibrate for a few seconds before they ring. ;)

I can tell you that the V220's do vibrate then ring, have one here in my hand ! ;)

Cheers Random,

:D

The man you want here is karsini. He knows his Moto's better than any of us

wolfman wrote:
    The man you want here is karsini. He knows his Moto's better than any of us
    I see that someone's asking for me...

The V180/V220/C650 phones can't vibrate and ring simultaneously. All of these are based on the same firmware set. The only ones I know that can vibrate and ring are those based on the R376 firmware (V535/E550/V550/V620) and the R47 firmware (V551). However, the V551 needs a software hack to enable vibrate and ring, maybe the V180 is the same? Don't have one to test it.

i taught random had a v220 and he said that it did?strange

sailorboy wrote:
    i taught random had a v220 and he said that it did?strange
    He said it vibrates THEN rings. Which is irritating.

Karsini wrote:
    The V180/V220/C650 phones can't vibrate and ring.

The V220 I have here vibrates before it rings and rings and vibrates at the same time !

I saw a Cingular branded firmware for the V220 that was reported to have no vibe/ring. So I suppose you can never rely on what other people say, gulp.

I dunno Karsini m8 ?

This one is R365_G_0B.D2.23R !

• Advertisement

The one I saw with no vibrate and ring was R365_G_0B.D1.1AR, can't remember the flex version for the life of me. But operators can enable and disable features by changing settings in the flex. Its quite possible that the phone supports vibrate/ring internally, but the operator makes the final decision.

I know for certain that the V80 and V551 need a seem edit to make the vibrate/ring work. I also heard that a pre-production version of the new V635 can't do it, but the software was still in beta on that one.

Hmm....

This one is o2 branded, I was going to get the uncustomized flash file and flash it, do you think that it would disable the vibrate/ring function ?

If it works now then it should still do so after the reflash. But I guess it is possible that you could lose it. If so then all you need to do is change one setting in the flex (0032_0001, offset 7A - enable bit 4).

I can usually dump standalone flexes to see what they do - saves me the bother of putting them on and seeing what's there or what's missing.

Just one tip: if you go ahead with it, don't use a software version that's older than the one already on the phone. Motorola seem to muck about with the cameras a lot, and flashing an older version may disable the camera since the old software might not have the driver for the new camera.

Sorry for going off topic, better leave that for PMs. But here's my opinion anyway:

The V180 is a very basic phone. Its basically a V220 with no camera. Compared to the V300 the memory is limited, roughly 1.8MB, and the screen is much smaller too.
    Personally if I were buying a Motorola on O2 I'd choose the V535, but that does cost quite a bit at the moment. Still, the V180 deal gets you a phone for virtually nothing. So if you just need a phone to be "a phone" then it will probably suit.

Even if it sucks you'll get a holiday out of it. :D

i didnt think the v220 would vibrate and ring, have to say i still prefer the look of the v180 though

Yeah me too, I think because it's black ! I have to say I'm not really into flip type phones tough.

V180-open.jpg

Im not a flip type chap either but i fancy a change ;)

Advertisement