Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In game PictoChat on the DS?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 4:59pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.totalgames.net/pma/21618
    Nintendo promised us a PictoChat alert function on the DS and now it's happened! According to the user manual for the American version of Yoshi's Touch & Go!, the game "can search for nearby occupied PictoChat chat rooms and notify you is one is nearby - even while you're playing the game! This feature functions in all modes except Vs."

Not sure if I belive them (never heard of them before now) but I suppose there is no reason why it couldn't be true and it could become a standard feature of DS games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i remember someone saying that a while ago alright.
    Its a pity they couldn't have implemented it straight outta the box, with the DS itself searching for other machines, that would have rocked! rocked hard!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

An American who bought it today confirmed it for me on another forum. :-)

Looks like it was confirmed a while ago:
    Another feature that Touch & Go sports is the option to “Watch for PictoChat” while you’re playing the single-player game. If a player in a chat room comes within range, the game will notify you, and you’ll have the option to join them in the chat room, making it easier to set up multiplayer games. Hopefully, Nintendo and third parties will be able to carry this feature over into more future games.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/reviews.cfm?action=profile&id=590

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I've just gotten the American version today and it mentions it in the manual.
    I don't know anyone else that has a DS that i can try it with.
    Haven't had a chance to play the game itself yet.
    It seems you can play multiplayer with just one cartridge using the DS download feature.

Killian

K!LL!@N wrote:
    I've just gotten the American version today and it mentions it in the manual.
    I don't know anyone else that has a DS that i can try it with.
    Haven't had a chance to play the game itself yet.
    It seems you can play multiplayer with just one cartridge using the DS download feature.

Look forward to hearing what you think of the game. Yeah the multiplayer is a 2 player race against each other, supposed to be very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im definitly gettin this game. my parents are goin to the states next friday so its all gravy!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Rew wrote:
    Not sure if I belive them (never heard of them before now) but I suppose there is no reason why it couldn't be true and it could become a standard feature of DS games.

totalgames.net is run by Highbury, the publishers of Games TM, Play, XBM, Cube, etc - possible soon to be a part of Future Publishing.

Advertisement