Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Statistics counter solution?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Is there any simple utility i can install on Windows based hosting to track the hits and stats i get on my site?

I have used one called webalizer which was preinstalled on a linux based server which gives some good stats but it wont work on the windows hosting plan.

I see there are W3svc log files which hold some good info but these are hard to read in note pad. Is there any software that can convert them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

This has been answered a few times here, check the search function, but you really need look no further than statcounter.com. I believe the guy that runs it often posts on boards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Doesn't your hosting provider offer some form of stats?

If they don't you can use something like statcounter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

statcounter will only allow logging of 100 hits. It seems great but i want to keep the stats for a few months. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Ah yes - i am that guy :)

You get lifetime stats as well as a detailed analysis of the last 100 pageloads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

ok, im using it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

statcounter rocks if your provider doesnt give you awstats or webalizer or similar :)

Advertisement