Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any good?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

hey all ive recently built a pc (bear in mind i only got into pcs 18 months ago and all i know i know from rippin the guts out of other machines :D )

amd sempron 2200+ 1.5g
    256 ram (not enough)
    abit nf7 motherboard
    silent viking 2 ducting mod
    40 gig seagate barracuda 7500rpm
    radeon 9250 256mb graphics

its sort of an all round family pc for web,games,music ect...
    just wonderin the best way forward?how much ram should i have?is graphic card any good?is processer a pile of dirt?
    big thanx all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

double your RAM or even quadruple it. Any reason you picked a sempron apart from the fact that they are cheap? they're not great apart from that. you will need a bigger HDD - at least 80 - depending on how any games / how much music / etc. as for gaming i have no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Peeps1977

was told amd was good so just went for what i could afford at the time.ure right bout ram though thinkin of a gig any thoughts on gfx card?
    mucho thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Not to bad, ererything looks good apart from the ram, 512mb i would rec, It was a mistake spending the extra few quit on the 256mb version of that gfx card as it will offer no preformance increase.
    what case and monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Peeps1977 wrote:
    was told amd was good so just went for what i could afford at the time.ure right bout ram though thinkin of a gig any thoughts on gfx card?
    mucho thanx

Hi, I actually think you should stick to 512mb ram in that configuration, especially if the PC is just for light general use, or money is tight... 1gb of RAM makes multitasking and high load programs run a bit smoother (and game load times are much better), but other than that.. not too much of an improvement. If you went with a gig of ram, your processor would be the bottleneck I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Peeps1977

bog standered case from komplett and old crappy 17 monitor.whole thing is from komplett(except moniter, ex aol lol) one of them pc bundles paid bout 500 inc del.any ideas on how to tweek bios to get it runnin as well as it can they are set to fail safe at the mo :confused:
    thanx for the input lads mucho thanx

• Advertisement
Advertisement