Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An interesting topic I spotted on El Reg...

Options
  • 19-05-2001 12:49am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/19042.html

A report from Forrester is saying that the web as we know it is definitly going to die out in favour of quick to download executables that we'll use and throw away. These can be implemented on PDAs, Desktops, TVs, whatever...

Interesting article - have a look for yourselves.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Zee Dude

Seen that also, but I can't see anything changing online for a few years yet, not until we all go broadband(above T1/E1), it will only be at this speed that we will have online video libraries where you can download any movie in few minutes. As for the downloadable executables that you use, this exists already with ASP (Application Service Providers), you buy a product license and download and install the app, lots of companies are offering this. There are network villages currently being built in California that have everything (well almost) linked to the web, so you can check how beers in the fridge are. As i'm on fridges, seen one for sale that has two doors on it front and back, so that Tesco delivery person can get the grub in it, now all we need is for someone to cook it and bring to us at our computers. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zee Dude (edited 19-05-2001).]

Advertisement