Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend's prem div EL latest

• 18-03-2005 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

3 games tonight

Bohs V Rovers (Live Net 2) (K.O 7.30)
    Bray V Pats (K.O 7.45)
    Drogs V Derry (K.O 7.45)

Right now all 3 games are scoreless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bohs 1 - Rovers 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Its on RTE now :)

Its on RTE now :)

Yep as stated in my first post on this thread ;)

Drogs 0 - Derry 1 (Murphy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"****e game both teams look like its a preseason game, not many shots"

Pats half time text review :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

KdjaC wrote:
    "****e game both teams look like its a preseason game, not many shots"

Pats half time text review :D

kdjac
    Once Bray get some points on the board its all good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ian Stokes proving himself as the pitiful ref he is again tonight. Stonewall spotter for Shams turned down. Good finish for Bohs goal. They are playing some very nice football and will probably score another one or two anyways.

Shamrock rovers look like they have too many new players that havent gelled. Bohs had a few minutes of good football and they defintely deserve to be in the lead.

Loving Dolan's comments about Aggrey :D

great clearance off the line there by bohs. I thought that was in.

• Advertisement

Bray 1 - 0 SPA

Keith Doyle lucky to stay on the pitch for Shams after a horrific challenge on Ward. Stokes is one lánger of a ref.

Drogs 0 - Derry 2

Be delighted if it ends like that! :D

KevIRL wrote:
    Drogs 0 - Derry 2

Murphy with both goals for Derry

Bohs 1 - Rovers 1. Great goal by Feeney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

KevIRL wrote:
    Murphy with both goals for Derry

spoke too soon!! great srtike, bad mistake though

Bray 2 - Pats 0. Zayed and Tresson with the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

2-0 to Bray - Tresson

Bohs were by far the better team tonight, but were lucky in the end to not lose. Hunt is a great player, and Farrelly will be a great player for them also.

I didnt see much in Shams at all, but as previously mentioned, its pretty much a new team and it will take time for them to gel.

Good win for Bray. I hear it was a sloppy game, but Bray will be delighted to get a good start to what will be a tough season for them.

Delighted for Derry beating moneybags Drogs. Itll be interesting to read a macth report on that. Drogs spent alot of meney bringing in alot of new players. I wonder was it just a cse of them needing time together?

Bugger :(

Deserved to lose Bray were less sloppier than us seemingly.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I dont want to start a flaming session but I have to say that was a jammy goal by Shams

fortuitous \for-TOO-uh-tuhs; -TYOO-\, adjective:
    1. Happening by chance; coming or occurring by accident, or without any known cause.
    2. Happening by a fortunate or lucky chance.
    3. Fortunate or lucky.

Still had to stick his foot in where it may not have come back from :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bohs seem to be playing some good football in parts but I thought throughout the game they were a bit dodgy at the back , overall Bohs were the better team for me .

Rovers don't look too great a football side but they'll contest every ball , I can't imagine a finish above 5th and if things go wrong they could be brought into a relegation fight .

Doyle should havbe gone for his tackle on Ward .

Good to see Bray got a great start , thats one step closer in a long season of trying to avoid the drop .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Surprised that the favourites, Drogeda, Bohs and Shels all slipped up. Could leave the door open for Cork :D

Surprised that the favourites, Drogeda, Bohs and Shels all slipped up. Could leave the door open for Cork :D

Not to mention The Blues! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dolan was spouting cheese all night. It was great. Very funny.

"That was a hairy moment for Heary" ..you had to laugh it was so bad. lol.

Great coverage from RTE. Pity about the pitch. Bohs played some good stuff considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Once again we boss a match only to let it slip in the dying minutes. Seems like we haven't learnt much from the tail end of last season.

Decent performance by us but it's worrying to see we still haven't sorted that 'closing-games-down' problem yet and I could also see better teams than Shamrock Rovers (and there's about 11 in the EL) giving us major problems at the back.

the state of the pitch was cac. a field in the countryside would be better. Still bohs played some good football on the ground. I think they should have won overall.

Shams were all over the place and resulted to long balls:(. It seems some clubs need to implement the technical development programme more than others:P

^^^ You should see the state of Turners X then. Its half sand, quarter mud, quarter grass. Its a disgrace. I cant see how it will be ready for next friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Shels played no home pre season games over thr winter and left the pitch completley unused and the end result is it's in the best condition it's been in in years. Which will suit us this year if we can play a bit better than we did on wednesday :rolleyes:

Bohs should have done the same by the looks of things. Dalyer is normally a good pitch and because it's so big really helps teams who play football, but it was a disgrace on friday and now it will be used once every week so it will only get worse.

Great result for The Blues tonight. 3 pts against our bogey team :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

who's on top of the league said who's on top of the league??

EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    P W D L F A Pts
    Cork City 1 1 0 0 2 0 3
    Derry C 1 1 0 0 2 0 3
    Bray Wand 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
    Waterford 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
    Bohemians 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
    Sham Rvrs 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
    Shelbourne 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
    UCD 1 0 1 0 1 1 1
    Longford 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
    St Pat 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
    Drogheda 1 0 0 1 0 2 0
    Finn H 1 0 0 1 0 2 0

admittedly it's on alphabetical order but still :)

good result for city last night, dont think many teams will come away from finn park with 3 points TBH. and nice to see john o flynn and kevin doyle off the mark.. hopefully they'll keep it going....

went down to colemans park last night for cobh v limerick.. 3-2 cobh for two teams who are allegedly going for promotion they were terrible... limerick's defence was non existant.. and noel mooney was shocking in goal..

and i also missed limerick's two goals as i was having a jar in the bar! ah well...

Great win for City, though Im told Harps were quite poor, and fitness really told toward the end. City could have had a hatfull by all accounts, but 2 goals and 3 points will do!

For some reason Pat Dolan was in attendance last night in Finn Park.

Advertisement