Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers in Arms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

cheesedude wrote:
    That is bull****. I change weapons with my mouse wheel.

really? hmm... have to have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

SyxPak wrote:
    Operation Flashpoint 2 tbh
    You'll be waiting a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tbh what pugsley said sums this game up perfect, as for shortness the content part will contain new missions in the future as well as best user made mods for Sp and MP.

Also Syxpak when when when when??????

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Played it multiplayer (1v1 and 2v2) on xbox.
    I thought it was really good.
    The difficult aiming is occasionally frustrating, but the overall effect of it is to force you to use tactics to a much greater extent. When you do score kills they are more satisying, simply because they are harder to achieve. It adds to the realism of the game. Catch a player in the open and it is pretty easy to dispatch them.
    The premise of the multiplayer level is that one side has to get an object from somehere on the map and bring it somewhere else on the map within a set time. Alternatively you can wipe out the opposition. (There are 8 backup squads for a single player team, or 3 for each player on a 2-player team).
    It's more about positioning and misdirection than anything else. The winning side is generally the one that uses their squads most effectively, rather than shoots the most enemies.
    I would imagine the controls would be difficult to translate to a mouse and keyboard. It is easy to reposition your squad while moving in the x-box version. I'd imagine that is not as simple on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am enjoying it on the pc. I do not play it every day. I play it every second day for a couple of hours. It is different from the usualy stuff. I miss the fact there is no prone and lean...but i mean it is fine...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got it on the box there recently, thought its a pretty decent game, aiming is impossible, multiplayer is absolutely appalling bar maybe ONE of the levels which was quite fun, but still a good game!

I think the difficulty in aiming makes it much more tense, and promotes the use of proper tactics rather then mindless blasting. In the one particular muiltiplayer map I'm talking about (Blow up AA guns, 12 bots, 2 players) it felt really realistic and gritty, totally unlike the arcade feel of Medal Of Honor.

Graphics are good though, although some bad character animations, kinda rugged in places. Decent title overall though. Multiplayer levels with 12 bots reminded me somewhat of Day of Defeat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Can't say I was particularly impressed with it so far (as noted below).

http://www.avalon5.com/index.php/archives/28

Coyote

To be honest, I am just sick of WWII games. I just decided this now. COD 2 looks just as ****ing bent and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

c0y0te wrote:
    Can't say I was particularly impressed with it so far (as noted below).

http://www.avalon5.com/index.php/archives/28

Coyote

If you can do better, then do it. Im gettin a pain in the swiss roll with all these armchair critics. 'Waa waa XY and Z isnt as i expected waa waa graphics didnt make me have seizure waa AI didnt out think me like gary f*cking kasparov'. Instead of sitting there complaining about it go out and make a better game yourself. What, you cant? Oh right, thought so. Then stfu and go play something you DO enjoy, and stop pissing and moaning to the rest of us. Cause you know what? Not a hell of alot of people give a flying f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Deadwing wrote:
    If you can do better, then do it. Im gettin a pain in the swiss roll with all these armchair critics. 'Waa waa XY and Z isnt as i expected waa waa graphics didnt make me have seizure waa AI didnt out think me like gary f*cking kasparov'. Instead of sitting there complaining about it go out and make a better game yourself. What, you cant? Oh right, thought so. Then stfu and go play something you DO enjoy, and stop pissing and moaning to the rest of us. Cause you know what? Not a hell of alot of people give a flying f*ck.

Deadwing, I'm not starting an argument with you, but this is a forum and people are entitled to their opinions, forums were created for that

• Advertisement

Yeah jesus calm down, are you perhaps suggesting that you have NEVER said "I dont like this/that game?"

Just because you can't do better doesn't mean you cant say you dont like it!

Deadwing wrote:

Oh shut the **** up you stupid nerd!

cheesedude wrote:
    Oh shut the **** up you stupid nerd!

oh, my pride!

*goes to cry in bedroom cause of cheesedudes witty retort*

Good. While you are in there, ring a friend and find out what message boards are about...

cheesedude wrote:
    Good. While you are in there, ring a friend and find out what message boards are about...

whocares5.jpg

Aren't you just hardcore? I bet your mommy is proud of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Cheesedude and Deadwing banned from Games for a week for personal abuse.

By the way Cheesedude, reporting a post does not grant you exemption from charter rules.

Rational discussion of Band of Brothers will now resume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

PC Version

I was expecting a lot more from the game after all the hype.
    Was looking forward to it for a long time and it's not half as good as randy crawford intamated it would be it.
    I was expecting a much more tactical non-liniar affar with smart AI.
    As it stands its far to much MOH and not enough FWS/H&D as it was built up to be.
    The enemy AI is sooo predictable it just kills the excitement.
    The designers said you would not be able to rambo it but thats what I did for most of the game.
    Replay value is pretty low, Ive played thru on normal and difficult and it was pretty much identical apart from enemy AI being better shots and you taking more damage.
    Voice acting and character devolopment , while I could see what they were trying to achive just became annoying.
    When leggit finally got mashed it was a relief.

That said -

I thought it had a great 'look' and feel, the squad looked great
    I like the attention to dietail on the maps but this was ruined by the fact it was all back drop and you had to go one way most of the time.
    The Audio was great -the Tommy gun rocked
    The squad controll was good, pity the maps limited what you could do.
    The explosions were the best in any game.
    The level where you ran through the smoke was great.

Can see my self getting the next one though..

The designers said you would not be able to rambo it but thats what I did for most of the game.

Unless you played the game on easy or with cheats, it is damn near impossible to pull a Rambo on this game....

Regardless, as with most games it's not as good as pre release hype had you believe, but it's still a very good game that I was reasonaly satisfied to pay good money for...

Some levels you could rambo more than others, but the fact you could do it at all was a bit of a suprise. You cant Rambo in Hidden and Dangerous 2, not one step..

I played Normal and Diff, finished both. I liked the old Movie thing.
    Hype is hype but I think the pich was for more intelligent/tactical shooter than it is.

Tactically its bloody obvious what you have to do because you cant do anything else.
    Its not a bad game at all, I was just expecting something a bit more meaty.
    The production values were top class though.
    For the next one - more open maps and less scripted enemy AI would really improve it.
    In agrement with you though, worth the sheckels - 7 outta 10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

bazH wrote:
    One of the best games on the xbox. I'd imagine the PC version is pants though

Ah imagination. The core of all game reviews. Go work for a magazine. Your skills are wasted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lads, I seem to be having a problem.
    I am very early in it.
    and its going press and hold " to comenad him and move him
    I've tried shift+2, and the @/' sign. not seems to working, set my keyboard to uk style at the start..

with default keys -

tap shift once to switch fire teams and hold down shift for the selected team to follow you.

E brings up a crosshair that when green means the team can move to that point, just take finger of e and they will move to that point.
    When E is pressed and crosshair is red it means enemy , release E and they will
    cover fire. If crosshair is Red and then you click fire the team will assault.

Its very natrual when you get it, like Full Spec Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

got this game for pc today in gamestop in athlone didnt notice till i got home that she'd put the ps2 ver in box ......... so havent played it yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

CyberGhost wrote:
    they should rename it brothers in hype,

that game is clearly a console game that was made tranformed onto pc, and they didn't bother much with imporoving it

MP = aweful, it's just aweful

SP = got bored after 10 mins of playing, aiming is extremely hard even when crouching, there is no prone, which I needed in some situations, graphics are mediocre, there is no fun in killing like in COD or CSS, when you melee attack the enemy they just "fall down" just try it, you will know what I mean, there is no sound when you bash them, game is slow moving, did I say it is boring? weapons are not that responsive, all in all if you already have COD/UO, don't buy this game, it's a waste of money, now I understand why they lock/deleted/and banned me, whenever I would ask questions like what about MP or DM? they just didn't want to bother, they spent their whole budget on hyping this game.
    I was going to buy the game as soon as it came out because of all the hype! I was really looking forward to it being a CoD fan already and all! Then I thought, better test it before buying it... Tested it and pretty much thought the same as CyberGhost here.
    Found the game boring... It's impossible to aim (or is it just my soldier that has Parkinson's), it's impossible to go prone... You always have to do the same each time you run into german soldiers. Order your squad to lay a base of fire than go around them... It's impossible to throw grenades accurately... Graphics aren't that good either... Played it 2 hours in total and never bothered again. In my opinion, Call of Duty/United Offensive beats it hands down without even trying.
    BIA = a load of hype

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KdjaC wrote:
    A lot of COD love here? Its just a rehash of MOHAA with different skins really.

kdjac

Oh no he didn't!

Completely disagree. Was a massive fan of MOH before it had any competition. Call of Duty came out and said to MOH: "That's how you were supposed to be. Now f*** off, I'm taking over". lol :D

True CoD is very similar to MOH in gameplay and all, but it's like 1.000.000 times better! Not just nicer!

Actually, seeing as CoD was developed by the same team that made MoH AA, it is rather similar in both gameplay and graphic terms.

First thing I noticed when playing it really, how alike they were.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Personally I like the single player game. On the harder levels it is quite challenging and forces thinking and anti-ramboness. Multiplayer on the other hand was a severe let down. If your the americans for example looking to get a brifcase across the map. You die once and the the germans can just camp at the brifcase with cover and look your direction - very much promotes camping and hence sheer annoyance.

Otherwise though it was worth it for the single player experience.

Xbox version btw.

Advertisement