Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critique needed....

Options
  • 20-05-2001 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, I'm setting up a new site called 'Negative Energy'...just a personal job but I'd like some opinions on the actual look of the site...no but seriously though it's really new and content is fairly scarce atm so don't be to critical of that plz (most of the linx at the top aren't up yet).

Once again, I'm just looking for your opinion on the look ok? The links on the right work tho, look at those if u like...

If anyone would give me advice on how to improve it etc i'd be very grateful...here's the URL (if I get my damn UBB right):

http://www.geocities.com/yourworldonline

EDITs :: Sorry, I'm a clumsy *******...

'Never a good-day, cuz in the hood-they, let the AK's pump strays where the kids-play...'

[This message has been edited by Da_Kid (edited 20-05-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 e-s-o

the navigation box on the right doesnt fit in with the rast of the page. its not the same style.

at first i almost ignored it cause i thought it was some kinf of banner ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jonathan Stein

Perhaps review the right hand frame, it does not require a scrollbar, and makes the page look bad on 800*600

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

maybe review tha nav frame.

1) it looks out of place. (already said)
    2) it keeps the links in it's own frame, not the main one.
    3) it has a scroll bar. (already said)

it's a nice design, it's just the menu thats 'off'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

Thanks for the replies ppl.

Smoke, you must have entered the pg while I was editin or sumthin cuz the left frame's links load in the body pg normally.

I was concerned about the sidebar in lower resolutions, I might have to rewrite it in non-frame format...and make a new nav bar /c:

Thanks for the advice...any1 else who wants to give me sum tips I'd be very grateful...

'Never a good-day, cuz in the hood-they, let the AK's pump strays where the kids-play...'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i think your nav bar accross the top works better than the one down the site. maybe you could do a drop down menu effect?? ir just add the rest fo your links to the bar.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche</font>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

Looks fine, colours are great.....
    Its a pitty the dot com is taken..... Thats just incase the site started to get some serious hits one day.........

Registrant:
    Tony Yong
    Cambridge House #315
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109
    USA

Domain: NEGATIVEENERGY.COM
    Registrar: DomainBank.com

Administrative, Technical, Zone Contact:

Yong, Tony tyong@umich.edu
    Cambridge House #315
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109
    USA (734) 763 3625

Record created on 01-25-2000
    Record expires on 01-25-2002
    Database last updated 05-22-2001 09:37:48 AM

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS1.DOMAINBANK.NET 209.92.33.130
    DNS2.DOMAINBANK.NET 209.92.33.150

Register your com , net , org domain names at
    http://www.domainbank.net/

Yeah I know....not just that domain but anything even resembling the name at all was taken. Pity I guess, but I already bought the domain 'http://www.solidz.net' a few weeks ago for another site I and some friends have been working on so I wasen't gonna fork out another £40 or whatever....

Anyways thanks for the replies, any more...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No comment really on the design... being a designer myself, I've seen loads like it- it's grand - suits its purpose.

But the content ...

this sucks- that sucks- all these things suck- top 10 sucky things... why all the negativity? ... not exactly something that's going to make me want to come back again and again...

just being honest.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

The site's tone was intended to be humourous, not depressing. I only meant the content to be light-hearted and entertaining. Maybe I didn't give off that impression on the welcome pg.

It's just meant to be funny I guess, and a change from typical positive outlooks ppl usually possess. But nothing too serious.

Thanks for the advice anywayz, I'll try n add something positive in the future ^_^

Advertisement