Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda NSX ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

unkel wrote:
    A 1978 V12 Countach has similar acceleration as a 2005 V6 NSX. The Countach is significantly faster. Forced to pick only one of these as a supercar, which would you pick?

My answer would be the NSX. The Countach was a dreadful car, in almost every respect except its engine. Too heavy, too wide, too fragile, awful handling, appalling interior. It did look spectacular, but only in it's first iteration. Every attempt at embellishment ruined it - like a push up bra for the Mona Lisa. In any real sense, the Countach was one of the slowest "supercars" on the road.
    Wanna start a poll? ;)
    A poll would reveal what we already know - everyone wants a Ferrari/Lamborghini/BMW because that is what they are told to want from an early age.

Is the Ariel Atom a supercar? In its favour it is
    a) utterly impractical
    b) mind bendingly fast
    c) capable of out-performing pretty much anything on the road and track

Against, however it
    a) costs less than €50000
    b) uses only proven mechanicals, so it's likely to be reliable and servicable
    c) doesn't have gull-wing doors. tsk tsk
    d) can do >40mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

JB123 wrote:
    Download this video:
    Lamborghini Murcielago vs. Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Porsche 911 vs. Honda NSX-R vs. BMW M3 CSL vs. Ferrari 360 Modena on the Montegi racetrack.
    From http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/video.asp
    Do u see the way the NSX-R kicks the 911 and the M3 CSL then the Ferrari 360 Modena. :D:D:D
    Not a true supercar my ass.NSX-R is my Dream car I have an Integra R and I suppose at least i can rev it to 9000rpms and dream....
    That video just proves that if the porsche is a supercar then so is the csl it got faster lap times than the porsche. And i think it went past the modena to :D
    Love the M3 :D

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

jozi wrote:
    That video just proves that if the porsche is a supercar then so is the csl it got faster lap times than the porsche. And i think it went past the modena to :D
    Love the M3 :D

Jozi
    Yeah love the M3CSL to. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

f50 brembo brakes overheating on a modena, holy crap i'm not buying one of those yokes..
    that murc is just awesome, power power power.. the oul boy has abit of a cavalier / kamakazi attitude towards cornering that NSX, everyone just allowed him past cause he's obviously funking menthol, which wins races everytime.. I think he blew the head gasket towards the end.. put him into the Lambo / GT2 and he'd have been dangerous.

Advertisement